Nico

Nico

A Story by Hannah Marie Higdon
"

This is Part 1 of the story of Nico and why he ended his life.

"

NICO’s STORY

Nico was a boy who had been abused by his father at young age. He tried to run away at age fourteen but was caught by the police before he had the chance to get on a bus. When he got home the night he was caught running his dad was already drunk. His mom wasn’t there to protect him because she died when Nico was six. When the cops left his home Nico bolted towards his room but he wasn’t fast enough. His father grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt and dragged him towards the living room. He shoved, punched, and even kicked Nico. the boy went to bed in pain that night.

The next day he got up from bed, he hadn’t slept at all because he was aching to badly. It was the worse beating his father ever gave him. When he went to the washroom he found his dad passed out next to the toilet. The boy tiptoed around his father’s body and walked to the sink. His eyes widened when he saw the bruises and scrapes on his skin in the mirror. He started tearing up. He then scooted his father out of the bathroom. The boy couldn’t take it anymore. All he ever does is get beaten. If he’s not in pain from the booming hit of his father’s hands he’s hurting from the way his father talks to him. As soon as he closed the door on his father tears fled down his already red cheeks. The boy opened the medicine cabinet and grabbed his father’s painkillers and filled a cup of water. Then he left the bathroom. He wanted to finish this in the comfort of his own room. Somewhere that is comfortable and familiar. The boy poured the bottle of Oxycodone onto his bed. He then got a handful of the pills and stuffed them into his mouth the drank some water. He proceed to do this a second time. As the pills filled his mouth he cried even more. Choking the pills down was the worst pain he had ever encountered. Thoughts raced through his mind. Then a picture appeared.

It was his mom, dad, and himself at the park. The boy remembered that day well. His mother had gotten off work early and decided to take the family to the park. The child rode on his father’s shoulders while he ran. It was a joyous day. Everyone was happy. They were always happy until that day. The day Nico’s mother died was the day his world came crashing down. Sitting next to his mom during her lasts breaths as she told him ‘be strong.’ suddenly those words ringed in Nico’s ears. It was like his mother was standing right there telling him to be strong. Once again he cried some more. His mother was his safety net and she left him. She left him here with his father. The man who pushed Nico to take the pills that are slowly reaching his nervous system. Nico loves his mother but she hurt him in the worst way. She left. She can never come back. Now her dear son will be joining her soon. The boy rests his head on his pillow and lays there. Nearly smiling through the pain he realizes he disappointed his mother. She said be strong, but he gave up. He took the pills, there’s no going back. His smile quickly disappears. “I’m sorry mom” he would say over and over again. He heard a voice, a sweet angelic voice. “It’s okay” she would say. The voice comforted him in a way he missed; the way his mother would love him. He cried once more and closed his eyes.

© 2017 Hannah Marie Higdon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on March 31, 2017
Last Updated on March 31, 2017

Author

Hannah Marie Higdon
Hannah Marie Higdon

casa grande, AZ



About
im a deep person when it comes to my writing, i get inspiration from the world around even in my own world i call my family. very little is about me mainly since im young my parents like to look over .. more..

Writing