Nico

Nico

A Story by Hannah Marie Higdon
"

this is the second part to Nico's story.

"

Before Nico died he had only one true friend. Yes he went to school - most days - but he didn’t have any friends. All the kids looked at his as the freak with a dead mom and a drunk father. Although for some unknown reason to him a girl named Camryn befriended him. Too many times did he ask why, and she would always answer “Why not.” Almost every night Camryn would climb up to Nico’s bedroom window. She would sit on the roof and talk to him. In her mind Nico was special. She was drawn to his need for love and care.he needed her just as much as she needed him. The night nico ran away he ran to her house, before the bus station, he banged on her front door and when she opened it the boy immediately wrapped his arms around Camryn.

Clinging to her he said through his tears, “come with me.” The girl pushed off and looked at nico with a shocked expression.

“Where?” she asked.

“Anywhere.” he replied. “I’m running from my father and i’m not coming back. I don’t want to leave you behind so come with me.” Camryn eyed the boy for sometime. She wanted nothing more than to keep him by her side.

“I can’t.” Those words felt like poison in her mouth. When she said those two words it broke Nico’s heart. Before she could say anything else NIco ran off. Camryn knew she had made the wrong choice, she wanted so badly to say the word yes. Scared she might lose him forever, Camryn called the police telling them about Nico. later that night she decided to check on the boy. Coming upon the house she heard screaming. Immediately she ran to the entrance of Nico’s window and climbed up. Camryn watched as the boy stumbled to his bed. She watched him faintly close his eyes. When she thought he was sound asleep she entered him room - climbing through the window. Walking over to Nico’s bed Camryn smiled and sighed. She was relieved that he was safe and sound. Little did she know he wasn’t as safe and sound as she thought. Camryn kissed the boy’s forehead.

Silently whispering into his ear she said, “I’m sorry. I would’ve gone to the end of the world with you but i couldn’t i got scared i don’t exactly know why but i did.” Camryn rambled on not thinking before speaking she was just letting words flow and put them together.

“Since you’re asleep i can tell you the truth; I’m the one who called the cops on you. I was worried i would lose you forever so i made it so you couldn’t run, so you couldn’t leave. I know you wanted to be free but i couldn’t let you leave me.” She paused. Tears started falling slowly. Camryn choked them back and continued. “I love you Nico. please don’t leave.”

The girl kissed Nico one last time and left.

Waking in the morning Nico hadn’t heard Camryn’s words. His mind and ears were filled with the sound of his father’s voice, the sound of own screaming, and the sound of his father’s hand meeting his own skin. All these sounds from his nightmares. If he had heard Camryn’s words it might’ve made a difference.

“I love you.” Those are the words he will never hear.

© 2017 Hannah Marie Higdon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

36 Views
Added on April 20, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017

Author

Hannah Marie Higdon
Hannah Marie Higdon

casa grande, AZ



About
im a deep person when it comes to my writing, i get inspiration from the world around even in my own world i call my family. very little is about me mainly since im young my parents like to look over .. more..

Writing