love

love

A Poem by Hannah Marie Higdon

You don’t see me but i see you. I’ve been here the whole time and you haven’t looked a glance you haven’t batted an eye. I don’t know why i can’t get my eyes off of you. I can be myself when i’m with you. I can still feel your touch even when you’re gone. You know the real me and i can see the real you when i look into your eyes.

I’m just a girl reaching out for something too far away. You only see her. You only ever touch her. I don’t know why i can’t get my eyes off of you, why i can’t get you out of my mind. Am i on your mind?

I’m drunk on my tears. Please come save me. I won’t hold you back no more. Touch me, hold me. Let me know you care. You can be my whiskey, let me drink you in. let me get drunk on your love.

I’m just a girl reaching out for something too far. There’s too much in the way, i’m in the way. Please come closer. I’m relaxed when our bodies touch. Touch me one more time.

Why do i love you so. Why does this have to hurt. Why do i need to care. I’m just a girl reaching out for something too far. Please love me right. Love me tenderly, let me know you care, let me know you are there.

I wanna feel your touch. Hold me tight while i lay in your arms, touch me. All over i want to feel you. With every touch i grow stronger. Touch me again. I miss the familiar edges of your body in between the sheets of my bed. The air now occupies the space where you use to lie.

Come lay with me again. I just want to feel our bodies between the sheets again. Touch me again. Don’t ever let me go. I need you here again. Hold me caress me let me know you care let me know you’re there.

Please. I’m just a girl reaching out for something too far.

Have you been drinking to take the pain away. Have you been getting drunk on your own tears. I’m here. There’s nothing like us together. I give you everything i have, just take it all away. Don’t push me. I’m lost in the maze you’ve created. Is it worth it to let me go, to let us go.

I hate saying hello, because i know soon there will be a goodbye. Don’t ever say goodbye. Stay with me. I’m afraid that if i let go of your hand you will fly away like a butterfly, don’t fly away.

I can’t do this anymore i can’t feel the way i feel, i can’t cry and hope my tears will turn into a river and bring you back to me. I’m scared. I’m scared to love now. Why do you do this to me. I can’t accept it, i can’t accept that i love you. Because maybe you might love me too.

I want you to love me, i’m scared. Why am i scared, why do you do this to me.

I’m played like a piano. As my notes caress your mind, i grow a little weaker. Beaten up and broken down i still try to sooth you. Even when you told me you didn’t love me, i did my best not to care, not to think. But the thought of you came up so much, and it hurt every time. The thoughts of you now bubble up like boiling water. You made me forget about me, you made me lose my concentration.

Tell me something, how many times have you had your heart broken. Me, too many. Tell me, have you ever sat there and watched as the person you love is loving someone else. Touching their body, you notice that it sends a shiver up their spine. You wish it was you. Me, yes.

I never knew what it was like to become occupied with someone else’s thought, you fill your mind with the way they think. I knew i did this with you. I wanted to be a part of you. I filled my lungs up with you, i filled my mind with the thoughts of you. You became a drug no one can help get me away from.

“You don’t love me,” that what you tell me. Is it because you don’t think i know how to? Maybe i do. I have loved you. Show me how to love. I can show you too.

© 2017 Hannah Marie Higdon


Author's Note

Hannah Marie Higdon
tell me what you think

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on April 1, 2017
Last Updated on April 1, 2017

Author

Hannah Marie Higdon
Hannah Marie Higdon

casa grande, AZ



About
im a deep person when it comes to my writing, i get inspiration from the world around even in my own world i call my family. very little is about me mainly since im young my parents like to look over .. more..

Writing