Some Nights

Some Nights

A Poem by hardluckbaby

Some nights I sleep alone, and it doesn't matter. Tomorrow's a big day, and today has been tiring; it doesn't matter if I don't dream.

Some nights I go out with friends, and time doesn't matter. Tomorrow's too far away, and tonight is all we have; it doesn't matter if I don't sleep.

But some nights I sleep alone.  Today has been tiring, and tomorrow's too far away; tonight's all I freaking have.

 

There were nights I wasted trying to convince myself I'm perfectly okay. Some nights it works, some nights I need to convince more.

There were nights I felt I was perfectly not. Some nights I get by, some nights, well, some nights are harder than the others.

 

There were the cold nights and dark days and I felt so alone. These were the nights I wished someone up there mighty and powerful would take me, save me from this wretched world I just can't stand being in anymore. Some nights I cried myself to sleep, then I woke up to some mornings wishing I hadn't.

But there was a reason why I did. 'Cause one morning led me to one afternoon with you.  Someone up there mighty and powerful sent you; I got saved from this wretched world and now I stand in a different one, one that has you.

 

There were nights I couldn't believe what was happening. Some nights were fireworks, some nights were sparks.

There were nights I felt I had everything. Some nights I really have it all, some nights, well, some nights you give me more.

 

But there were the cold nights and dark days, and we had to be alone. Someone up there mighty and powerful had to take us somewhere else. Separate us from this world we built together, this world we tried so hard to keep alive. Some nights we cried ourselves to sleep, and then we wake up to some mornings wishing we hadn't.

'Cause one morning led to one afternoon without you. Someone up there mighty and powerful sent us to different, separate worlds. I'm guessing there was a reason why, but after a whole lot more of nights, I still couldn't figure why.

 

Some nights I stay awake thinking about you. Thinking about how some nights I wake up to your kisses, and to your soft voice telling me you love me, over and over again. 

Some nights I close my eyes and wish I were back to that little world we called our own. Back to the time when nothing really mattered but you and me. Boy I felt I got everything in my hands when I held you. Now I curse these hands for letting you go.

 

And now I sleep alone. Tomorrow's another damned day, as if today wasn't bad enough. It doesn't matter if I dream, I still wake up with you gone.

Some nights I get by.

But some nights, well, some nights are harder than the others.

© 2012 hardluckbaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on August 22, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012

Author

hardluckbaby
hardluckbaby

Philippines



About
writer of poems of love and daily ramblings about life i'm a fan of wordplays. feel free to send requests and i will try to give my 2 cents (and hope it helps) about your work :) more..

Writing
Lyra Lyra

A Poem by hardluckbaby