Dear Future Girlfriend

Dear Future Girlfriend

A Poem by hardluckbaby

I wonder how my life would be when I finally get to have you. I bet it'd still be the same sans the shopping for myself. Maybe I'd be almost always broke, but at least not broken.

 

With that, I apologize in advance if you have to pay for our movie date sometimes. I promise I'll repay you in kisses. Even if I have to steal.

I'm also sorry if I badger you with questions about the film we just watched. I may not be paying full attention to the screen because I will be looking at you every fifteen minutes.

It's not because you're prettier in the dark though, I just don't want you to see my stupid dreamy face while I'm staring at you.

Maybe I'd think it's ridiculous that you cried over a cheesy scene. Deep inside I'm wishing that's the only time I'd see those tears.

 

If I make you an utterly bitter cup of coffee it's just probably because I think you're too sweet already. Or I forgot to add sugar.

I don't know how to cook so I hope you're okay with instant soup when you're sick. I'm a pro at boiling water. I'm not a pro at curing fevers though, but I will be there. You won't look so good but I'd still say you're hot. And that won't be a lie.

 

Don't ask me if that outfit looks nice on you. I'm a poor judge; I'll always say yes anyway (but you can ask me which top is better, I guess I can help decide). No type of clothing can make you look less pretty in my eyes. Even ragged PJs.

Although you'd look best without anything on. KIDDING. Half-kidding.

 

Don't be annoyed by the names I call you. "Gummybear" and "sweetiepie" are not in my vocabulary. Please. I'll probably call you "Boss."

I'll always tell you that you stink even when I secretly love the smell of your hair.

I'll always answer "Yes" when you ask me if you're fat. Except when you're grumpy. Or maybe especially when you're grumpy. Hee.

I'll even pinch your love handles and ask you "Do you know the best way to lose these?" with a wink. Hee again.

I'll text you at three in the afternoon while you're busy at work, "Hey Fartypants. I miss you."

 

I'm pretty... loyal.  The only time I'd check out another woman is if I'm looking at the mirror.

If you catch me kissing another girl, you have the liberty to call her "B***h." Chances are she really is a female dog.

If you suspect I have the hots for one of your friends, oh God no. I'm just texting her to ask about your favorite things. I only have the hots for you, Baby. And Kayla Ferrel.

Maybe I'll talk behind your back and keep secrets from you, but I'm just planning a romantic surprise.

 

I may put our lives in danger by driving with one hand because I never want to let go of yours. Except when my palm gets sweaty. Meh, you drive me crazy.

I will never reject your call. Even when I'm doing #2. Of course I won't tell you if I am.

Don't worry about me hanging out with my friends. They'll probably get tired of hearing how in love I am with you that they'd just send me back home to you early.

They love you. Partly because I don't bother them anymore now that I have you. If they don't love you, I'll make them. If I can't make them, they are stupid. I don't hang out with stupid.

 

When it's that time of the month, I'll drown you in chocolates and all your favorite food.

During this time, I will only remember two two-word phrases: "Yes, dear," and "You're right."

I've suffered the worst when it comes to this, so trust me to take care of you.

 

Baby, you're like bacon. Fat and irresistible.

The only time I'd answer "No way" is if you ask me to leave you.

And you're the boss. You can do and have whatever you like.

The only time I'd stop you is if you walk away.

Or maybe I won't, but I'd follow you.

 

I just can't wait 'til you're mine.

 

Who am I kidding? When I finally get to have you, my life will never be the same. Future girlfriend, please stop hiding so I can find you.

© 2013 hardluckbaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this is very cute write I hope sh reads it!The title is what caught my eye thank you for sharing

Posted 11 Years Ago


hardluckbaby

11 Years Ago

thank you so much i appreciate it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
1 Review
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013

Author

hardluckbaby
hardluckbaby

Philippines



About
writer of poems of love and daily ramblings about life i'm a fan of wordplays. feel free to send requests and i will try to give my 2 cents (and hope it helps) about your work :) more..

Writing
Lyra Lyra

A Poem by hardluckbaby


Voices Voices

A Story by hardluckbaby