Voices

Voices

A Story by hardluckbaby

"I really want this guy. We've known each other for like forever. I think it's gonna be magical if we end up together."

"Bah. You're going to break up anyway."

"You are so negative."

"And you're so positive. S**t happens all the time, you know."

"So do happy endings."

"What's the point, it ends anyway."

"Well what's the point of living if you are gonna die anyway?"

"I don't know."

"You are hopeless."

"But I'd like to believe that we are here to search for our soulmates."

"Wow, you believe in them."

"Yes. I believe that in the end, we get judged. And if we don't get through, our soul is halved, and we get to be reborn into new human beings, our past mistakes be our curse in the next life. And then we'd get to meet the other half of our soul, who may not necessarily be a lover, but someone who'd make a mark in our lives, possibly correct the wrongs, before we die and be judged again."

"So all the people we meet - one or two or all of them could be our soulmates."

"Yes."

"You are such a pessimist but you believe in fate."

"Why wouldn't I? All these things that happened, did not by chance."

"Some happened by choice."

"And choices are influenced by a lot of things. Don't you get it, things were meant to happen. It's an illusion. We think we have the free will to choose what we want, but how did we arrive at our 'wants'? What made us pick that decision? The world conspires so that you will make that particular choice. Everything happens for a reason. It's beyond our control. You may not realize it now, but when you look back, it all makes sense, doesn't it?"

"You are overthinking, do you know that?"

"And you are underthinking."

"What, I live for the moment. If I want it, I'd try to get it. If it doesn't work out in the end, at least I had it."

"What makes you so sure you will have it?"

"If I can't, at least I tried."

"Not really. It's just either a success or a failure."

"It's the journey, really."

"Well wouldn't you regret the time you wasted on your journey to failure?"

"Wouldn't you regret the time you wasted doing nothing?"

"Maybe. Maybe not."

"Being idle is for p*****s."

"P*****s! Even God had to rest on the 7th day!"

"Well that's because He finished working! But hey, God never sleeps."

"Rest doesn't always equate to sleep."

"Don't you bring God into this!"

*laughs*

"What?"

"Nothing. I like these little conversations with you. Does this mean our little debate is over?"

"Maybe."

"P***y."

"No, you're the p***y. You just let things happen to you. You never make a damned decision so you could blame your so-called destiny and not yourself when things go wrong."

"It keeps me sane."

"You know what, I give up."

"P***y."

"You are the p***y."

"Why?"

"Because I was talking about you. I know that you know that we have an undeniable chemistry together. We are opposites but we click. We could have so much more than this. More than these silly endless arguments. I know because I tell you I'm okay but you take me out to have ice cream because you know I'm not. Because you never get pissed no matter how I throw curses at you because you know it's just the hormones. Because you know when to hold my hand and when to leave me alone. Because we have these smiles on our faces that only the both of us understand. But you are just so thick. We never even started yet and you believe we're going to break up. You believe all relationships are going to end anyway. Jeesh, what's the point of telling you this anyway."

"I..."

"Just shut up."

"What if I don't?"

"Wow so you're destined to say something now."

"I still don't believe in choices."

"Whatever."

"Well don't you think that if we stuck with our plans, we wouldn't have met? I could've chosen to go straight outside and ignore my annoying classmate but instead I was meant to pass by that hall and bump into you."

"Well it was my choice to say hello."

"You were born friendly."

"You are so hard to talk to."

"But still, you do."

"Because I choose to."

"Well I chose not to talk to you. But we became seatmates in homeroom and were tasked to open up to each other. I chose not to listen to your life story when you told it in front of the class. But the next day you were featured in the school paper. I chose not to care about you. But I couldn't help feeling sorry when you were crying about some girl who spilled your secrets.

And I chose not to fall for you. But everyday I discover more and more about you, and I couldn't stop my heart from beating so fast everytime you smile at me. See, I don't believe in choices. I believe we're meant to be."

"You..."

"Shut up."

"No, you have something on your face."

"Oh."

*laughs* "I mean, you're blushing."

"Oh."

"So what's up with that 'you're going to break up anyway' crap?"

"I thought you were talking about some other guy."

"You are such an a*s."

"But you love me."

"I choose to."

"No, you just can't help it." *grins*

© 2012 hardluckbaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on August 25, 2012
Last Updated on August 25, 2012

Author

hardluckbaby
hardluckbaby

Philippines



About
writer of poems of love and daily ramblings about life i'm a fan of wordplays. feel free to send requests and i will try to give my 2 cents (and hope it helps) about your work :) more..

Writing
Lyra Lyra

A Poem by hardluckbaby