At First Sight

At First Sight

A Story by hardluckbaby

I never believed in love at first sight. Or maybe I do, as far as dogs are concerned. But love as in damn-I-will-give-up-my-freedom-and-make-you-breakfast love? No.

 

 

Maybe you passed by her along your school's corridors. Maybe you sat beside him in your Literature class. Maybe she's your best friend's cousin whom he always talked about. They could be anyone you see everyday, and their presence doesn't really cause you to stop and take a second glance at them.

 

 

Until that moment, when it feels like your eyes have been betraying you for months - years, even. When you see them and all of a sudden you actually SEE them.

 

 

Doesn't it feel weird, to have known that face for ages, and yet it doesn't hit you until that particular moment? The time you've wasted, I know... Like, damn.

 

 

Then you notice the little things about them. They are actually funny. You listen to the same kind of music. You are starting to find their grumpiness cute. Their vanity pictures are starting to curve your lips into a half-smile. And you actually had a conversation. D****T I ACTUALLY TALKED TO HER. Let that sink in.

 

 

But it's too late now, isn't it? You're not even friends. You haven't even hung out together. You can't possibly start a meaningful conversation out of the blue without freaking them out. They don't think of you. Heck, they don't even see you. At least not in the way you see them now.

 

 

Or if they do, you'll never know.

© 2013 hardluckbaby


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this, it always happens to me every boy i liked.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013
Tags: love at first sight

Author

hardluckbaby
hardluckbaby

Philippines



About
writer of poems of love and daily ramblings about life i'm a fan of wordplays. feel free to send requests and i will try to give my 2 cents (and hope it helps) about your work :) more..

Writing
Lyra Lyra

A Poem by hardluckbaby


Voices Voices

A Story by hardluckbaby