Crazy girl

Crazy girl

A Story by Jennifer Hart

With eyes of deception you look at me trying to pretend you see what I am. Your ghastly stares that shoot my way, just above the hanging jaw, cant hide your wonder. You can't stomach what I display.
 Crazy girl, you say?

Wild, untamed. 
To you it's out of control, my words and ways. You keep following me with your cold eyes, your judgement knows no bounds. I'll keep wiping the lies that you've told me off the side of my heart. My friend you've named yourself. You pretend to understand. But your distate for me is clearly heard in my ears as I'm passing by. The smell of fear of who I am sweats out of your skin as you stand next to me in our crowd. There's no talent in hiding your concepts of me, dont bother to try?
 I'll walk amongst you, unbridled, unchained, unable to contain who I am in this thickening skin I've been given. 
Crazy girl, you say.

 But I follow the freedom that my spirit has found. I fly on wings of things you've never seen but I am the one in the clouds untethered to the confines in which you live. I am the one, with fire and life, who's words are never layered with sweet honey, only for the taste. I am the one who's rivers will flow from these hazel eyes only to smile and skip away when current settles. I will be as many me's as come on display, for they all add up to one. I will be that girl alone in a room sullen in a way, or spreading the crowd as I dance my way through. I will close my eyes and feel the beat, moving in a way that leaves red upon your face, wondering how I can let myself go that way. I throw my arms around a body and put my lips upon theirs, the assumptions of legs spreading will cast your contempt into the mix of what youre making, ideas about me, though they never came inside. I love with the passion of the ocean waves, overwhelming, amazing in strength. I ride, unrestrained, on the back of my choices, and the twisting lines may flip my insides and drop my heart, but I'll walk away lighter than you will ever know, unafraid to enjoy the ride. 
So, stand along the sidelines of life, dull and unamuzing. Strap yourself to the ideas of societal bliss. Judge my words, shy away from my glance, do whatever you must to shake me off.
 Crazy girl, you say?

Only the best of us are.

© 2013 Jennifer Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Crazy cool cats strap on the feed bag of life while others order a salad...LOVED THIS!!:D

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
NAR
loved it! you put so much in so little words. very powerful and beautiful

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013

Author

Jennifer Hart
Jennifer Hart

Merritt Island, FL



Writing
War torn War torn

A Story by Jennifer Hart