Girl, There You Are

Girl, There You Are

A Story by Jennifer Hart

Face pale, with swollen eyes you stare at the life you've strung across the floor. No make-up can hide the war tattered skin you wear and justifications gone you hang your head in disbelief at the sight that lies before you. Girl, what have you done?
Credence gone, the foundation below has been throw a thousand ways in this battle of your war-torn life, until rubble under foot stumbles you. Internal navigation disconnected, you're left circling aimlessly down streets you don't belong. This part of town leaves you beaten and the natives won't help at all. Girl, where have you gone?
Safe sanctuary of your own surroundings have been littered with your dirty laundry strewn across the threshold you once held dear. Courtesy no more, you've forgotten good form and let the dissipation of care take hold. The sacred love that resides in this place has gone, you scramble to find the safety again. Girl, now where can you go?
Beauty vividly lived inside your bones, unprecidented. The marrow flowing with love slowly drained, trying to feed your soul, and left now is a hollow etching of a woman strong. Undead, but barely alive you crawl amongst the angels looking for a salvation, a freeing of this pain, yet you drink from a cup filled with tainted wine and no relief from the dehydration inside. Girl, why do you look so frail?
Pick yourself up, your peices still work. Let the hands of your fellows gently place you back together. The map to your God did not disintegrate in the flames you set, nor did your beliefs disappear. They were only hidden awhile. Ability to seek for a higher thought and deeper breath linger about you now. Cleanse yourself of the short lived sorrow of what you have done and choose to do something more. Wash the distaste off your skin and the black from your lungs. Disengage the arm of the hurtful words you hear inside your head and make way for light to flow. Come back to the world you've known and find yourself again. Girl here you are. 

© 2014 Jennifer Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on January 2, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2014

Author

Jennifer Hart
Jennifer Hart

Merritt Island, FL



Writing
War torn War torn

A Story by Jennifer Hart