Believe in me

Believe in me

A Story by Jennifer Hart

Your words, undefined, placed in ways that lift me up and tear me down all in one savage sweep, spill from the same mouth that buries your tongue deep inside mine. Your thoughts of me lay out by the sound that creeps from your throat, a fight inside you that tells I cannot be who you see that I am. View askewed and visions questioned leave a slight stabbing in my heart when my memory of half opinions made plays on rewind. I am all that you see that I am, and cynicism set aside the beauty of that is clear in front of your blue eyes. I'm used to your form, your playbook. Distrustful notions come to you with the ease of air, natural state. I let you help build me, brick and mortor, and foundation solid, I stand rooted when you swing that wrecking ball into my walls, inadvertant and unintentional. And I let you help rebuild. Characteristic questioning in interrogation will subside someday, indelicate sayings will hold no silhouette. Assurance lives in the knowledge of your love, so I take your words, aching aside, and let them fall by the wayside. Yet believe what I am, see beyond the boundries of old ideas, and imagine me in skies so ambitious that all will know that doubt will have no way inside perceptions anymore. Believe in me. 

© 2014 Jennifer Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on January 1, 2014
Last Updated on January 1, 2014

Author

Jennifer Hart
Jennifer Hart

Merritt Island, FL



Writing
War torn War torn

A Story by Jennifer Hart