Look at Me

Look at Me

A Story by Jennifer Hart

If I lay myself in front of you, bare, soul naked and armor to the side, could you gaze upon me and take me in or would you twist away as if I were the sun, too bright for direct sight? With eyes closed and blood settled I'm no longer scared to be exactly what I am. In slow motion I turn showing you every inch of me, spirit no longer blackened by the burning fires I set upon myself in days of the past. What I was once before has now been laid by the wayside and I have walked out of that shell in a brand new skin, glowing from the life inside. With deep, full breaths would you let me flow through you like the smoke from a cigarette? Will you enjoy the burn that I might cause and keep coming back for more? Inhibitions dissipated through the work that I have done, I open the shades of my room, my life, my mind, and I'll let you play the peeping tom, all the while knowing you're watching me. We'll play these parts, intertwining ourselves in each others embrace, and the imperfections that seemed so soiled before have now all turned into a beautiful sight. Will you swallow me whole, enraptured by all that this woman has to give, or take it slow, a bite at a time, savoring each taste? Can you watch my life, and place your face to mine, so close that our lips run against the others, but never really touch? Can you love my smell, soft, subtle, with just enough sensuality that it pulls you in? I'll place myself in your arms, fall against your chest, melt into your heart as you loosen your grip on the idea of me you had before. Let me show you a woman new, no longer afraid of what she doesn't know? I place myself among your contemplations and embrace my own. Watch me, dissecting what you see, but put my peices back together, laid into the puzzle that was me, only this time make the picture new. Put yourself into the art of my life and become the poet of our world. If my sun is not too bright just look at me, bare, soul naked, armor to the side. 

© 2016 Jennifer Hart


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderfully written!!The only thing I can say is that it is going in my library:)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on November 2, 2016

Author

Jennifer Hart
Jennifer Hart

Merritt Island, FL



Writing
War torn War torn

A Story by Jennifer Hart