"When love is not madness, it is not love."

"When love is not madness, it is not love."

A Story by Mir
"

Someone challenged me to write a short story-ish inspired by this poem.

"

“What’s the point of even trying anymore?” I asked him sadly; my voice coming out weak and quiet. His hand met my face and brushed away a tear before it could glide down my cheek.

            “Please don’t say that.” He quietly pleaded, his voice matching my own. I looked up into his deep brown orbs, making my heart break even more than before. Sadness was all I could see behind the pool of tears that were threatening to spill.

            I looked away before I got lost in those beautiful, chocolaty eyes. “Why not?” I asked, swallowing the lump in my throat. “You can’t tell me this hasn’t been hurting you.”

            He put his soft fingertips under my chin and made me look at him. “I have been hurt, yes. But it’s easy to get through it knowing you’re by my side.”

            I shook my head, trying to deny the honesty of his words. “If you leave me,” He began, his voice cracking has the tears started to fall. “I will be nothing.”

            I disagreed. “You will find some other girl who won’t bring you so much trouble.” Lie. Lie. Lie. That’s all that was leaving my lips.

            He grabbed my shoulders and lightly shook me. “No I won’t! You are the one for me.” He yelled.

            I needed to get away from him before I lost all the strength that I managed to muster up and jump into his arms; my only safe place.

            I backed away from his touch and whispered, “I’m sorry.” Then turned around and finally let the tears fall down my face as I walked away. Away from the one person who has never judged or hurt me; the only person who new me completely; my one and only true love.

            “Wait!” He called. I could faintly hear the sound of his footsteps pounding against the wet sidewalk as he caught up. I closed my eyes; the one thing I prayed he wouldn’t do, he does.

            “Please.” He huffed stopping in front of me. Tears were falling freely down his face. The ache in my heart was getting harder to bear. I wanted nothing more than to wash away all the tear stains and pain from his beautiful face.

            “You don’t want this.” He stated, searching my face. I shook my head, disagreeing with him. “No,” He shook his head. Grabbing my face on either side, with both hands, forcefully yet gentle as a mother would handle her newborn, he all but yelled, “Look me in the eyes and tell me you never want to see me again!”

            I choked back a sob. Why did he have to make this so hard? “I can’t.”

            “Then why?” He questioned, his eyes silently pleading with me.

            “Because we won’t win!” I yelled, throwing my hands in the air letting the sobs come faster. “They will break us either way.”

            He shook his head. “No, they won’t be able to break us. We are strong enough to make it through anything; especially people trying to tear us apart.” The sureness in his voice made what he was saying so believable it was contagious. “We’ll be okay.” He whispered, stepping closer.

            I gave in, finally letting my body enjoy his embrace, as he enveloped me into his arms. Warmth radiated from him like a sauna. “How do you know?” I questioned into his chest.

            He pulled back, but just enough for us to look into each others eyes. “Because, when love is not madness, it is not love.” As soon as the words came out of his mouth, his lips were enclosed onto mine in a kiss.

            I lost myself in his kiss, absorbing the words he said. We will make it, because I finally understand that if there were no madness with love, then it would not be true.”

© 2012 Mir


Author's Note

Mir
I do and don't like this. Honest opinions please! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

216 Views
Added on December 8, 2012
Last Updated on December 8, 2012
Tags: love, madness, tears, true

Author

Mir
Mir

OK



About
Hello! I'd like to put a little note here thanking each and every one of you that has ever viewed my work! It honestly means so much and the comments you guys have left are amazing. So thank you tha.. more..

Writing
Four Senses Four Senses

A Poem by Mir