A Brand New Day

A Brand New Day

A Poem by Richard Dotson, Jr.

It was three years ago that I met you. For three years, you’ve been a good friend: one I can’t forget.
You’re in my mind constantly, in my heart always, and you’re always with me every day and night, from sunrise to sunset.
A body to die for, charisma sweet like candy, eyes green like emerald jade, and a smile that shines bright like the sun.
No matter what goes down, you’ll always be the dollar in my pocket and you’ll always be number one.
I like everything about you from your cute eyes, bad a*s body, killer curves, and the sexy way you walk.
If this was a fairy tale: I’d be the one putting the glass slipper on your foot like Cinderella, wake you from a deep sleep like Snow White, but at this rate I’d have to chase you like the Giant chasing Jack down the beanstalk.
Where would I be if you weren’t there for me? I could have been out in the world an island amongst myself with never ending pain.
I have feelings for you but for now, I’ll hold ‘em in but they’re not easy to contain.
When I sit back and think about how good of a friend you are, I get happy. When I’m not around you, I’m in misery. Even though you’re feisty, looking into those emerald eyes and seeing you happy makes me excited.
Seeing you happy pleases me, seeing you sad depresses me, but knowing you will be there for me makes me delighted.
I know you may have feelings for another, but I will still have these feelings for you but do you have the same feelings for me is a question that waits to be seen.
If you were mine, I’d cuddle you like a teddy bear, I’d be there to wipe away your tears. I know you’re a sweetie even though you look mean but I’ll always be around so you would never feen.
In a perfect world, we’d be together like dollars and cents, birds and spring, leaves and fall, or like the summer and sun.
Would you allow me to hold you if we were alone, blow kisses to you over the phone, or crush my feelings like Big Pun. But my main concern is: would you stand still or will I have to run?
Day, I just wanted you to know that I really like you and I would love to be with you, even if it’s as friends.
I hope you’re around when this story finishes and I hope you’ll still be my friend when this day ends.

© 2008 Richard Dotson, Jr.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

HA! That was tight! I like it because it sounds honest. Like you really felt it.
"but at this rate I�d have to chase you like the Giant chasing Jack down the beanstalk." FUNNY!
When you say this:
I know you may have feelings for another, but I will still have these feelings for you but do you have the same feelings for me is a question that waits to be seen.
I get that whole line. But when I get here:I�ll always be around so you would never feen.
Mostly feen. Because that to me says she wants you and it almost negates the question. That's on a first read though. I kinda get that you might be talking about something else and you'll be all that she needs once you're together. "Day, I just wanted you to know,,." Her name is Day! Nice set up for a twist! and here it is,,,I hope you�ll still be my friend when this day ends. I like that because for me that was kinda poetic. Like you want her to change her mind now before the day ends. But you said it nicer. All in all it's hard to say anything bad or try to find something wrong because it's honest and well written. I like it because of that. Not a lot of prose or fancy words,just down to earth,strait talk. Give this to her in the morning and you should have an answer before noon! Good work!



Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 6, 2008

Author

Richard Dotson, Jr.
Richard Dotson, Jr.

Bridgeport, CT



About
Welcome to my table in the cafe......pull up a chair and lets hear the spoken word. more..

Writing