Love? What's Love?

Love? What's Love?

A Poem by Heather D
"

this is just some of my favorite moments from past relationships. it's a lot of Matt, several of them are Dalton, and there is a few moments with Ace thrown in there. but mostly Matt.

"

Love is a powerful emotion, your heart can break and it can heal.
But heartbreak is worth the joy that love makes you feel.
Everytime your heart breaks it's as if your whole world ends.
But slowly your heart gets better, and eventually you can love again.
Love isn't just being with someone, so you can say that they're "the one."
Love is being able to walk around Wal-Mart with him and have a ton of fun.
It's him holding me tight and kissing me for the first time in the cold December rain.
It's him holding me all through the night when I'm sick, trying to take away my pain.
It's how I couldn't stop smiling the first time he said "I love you."
It's the his sweatshirt fits me way too baggy, but he thinks I look cute.
It's dancing with him in my driveway with music playing in his truck.
It's him making me frozen cheesesticks because I'm hurt and he can't cook.
It's how he runs his fingers through my hair when he thinks that I'm asleep.
It's racing to eat peppermint ice cream but we both end up with a brain freeze.
It's him on my doorstep Valentine's Day, arms loaded with flowers and teddy bears.
It's his face turning red cuz he ate a hot pepper cuz he never backs down from a dare.
Love is him carrying me out of the ballpark because I'm hurt and can hardly walk.
It's the shocked look on his face the first time he sees me throw a football.
It's how he gets up early so he can take me to school and kiss me goodbye.
It's the way he wipes away my tears, kisses my nose, and tells me not to cry.
It's just laying there facing him, and looking into his green eyes.
It's the way the smell of his skin is like a fragrant lullaby.
It's the way he looks so handsome all dressed up to go out to eat.
It's the way he proudly held out the Kay's box to me on Christmas Eve.
It's how the whole world fades away when I'm laying in his arms.
It's how perfect everything is laying in his truck bed watching the stars.
It's the sound of quiet tapping on my window, and going outside for one quick kiss.
It's riding in that stupid, ugly old car but not caring cuz I'm with him.
Love is the smell of his cologne as I dance in his arms at prom.
It's the way he gives in and let's me win, even if I'm wrong.
It's how he pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around my waist.
Its how he just has to kiss me after eating sno cones to see how I taste.
It's how he's at every game in blue and white, cheering for me.
It's how I can look into his green eyes and forever is all I can see.
Love is falling asleep on my bed after swimming with my head on his chest.
It's knowing he'll never be perfect, but to me, he's the best.

© 2011 Heather D


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I LOVE THIS POEM!!!! one of my FAVORITES!!!!!!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


a very good entry the words hmm trustworthy, yeah I think I'll stick to that Good entry

Posted 13 Years Ago


funny enough.. I think it would add a stronger narrative if you got rid of a majority of the 'Its'.. You may want to try out an alternating or read it out loud and try to gage where you can omit one.. As for the content of the poetry, I think its great. The 'Its' just makes it a bit jarring of a read.

Posted 14 Years Ago


That's a lot of {{{{{ IT'S}}}}} here i wonder what it has to do with DECEMBER RAIN Sorry the title is a little deceptive here i thought i was reading a poem about the weather but instead it is about your personal relationship,i liked the flow and rhyme of your poem if it was a little on the long side and a tad self indulgent.Welcome to the site have a great time on here EILEEN

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful poem about all the simple things that love has to offer. I loved it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 7, 2009
Last Updated on February 7, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hatred Hatred

A Poem by Heather D


Time Time

A Poem by Akshat♥