Anabelle

Anabelle

A Story by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

For a contest

"

I was crossing the street going to our house while riding on my old bike when suddenly a white car passed by. It almost hit me that made me feel nervous and I have loosen my grip of the handlebars. The next moment, I found myself and my bike on the grassy side of the road.  I was so shocked and cannot stand right away. I saw my bike was damaged and that made me want to cry.


The car stopped and an angry rich woman came out. She looked like an eminent personality. She walked and stood in front of me and I was astonished with her looks. I admired her fair complexion and shiny jewelry. Her perfume was soothing my sensitive nose, smelling  like tasty cookies and candies. My scrawny body and skin color made me ashamed of myself every time I see people like her. 


I stood and smiled with the thought that she will offer help so that I can fix my bike. I walked closer to her then nodded, unaware that it could be a reckless move. I was afraid when she grabbed my hand. 


Then I heard a voice saying “She’s a minor, please don't hurt her”, but the nonchalant woman’s firm grip almost pinch my hand.

 

In teary eyes, I looked at her and said, “Nothing has happened to your beautiful car while my old bike  is now totally broken and is useless. I was hoping that you're here to offer help so that it will be fixed.”

 

But suddenly she looked puzzled then loosened her grip. I found out that she was looking at the woman who's now beside me begging her not to hurt me.

 

“T-Trinidad?” the rich woman’s voice was shaking.

 

“Don’t hurt her, please. She’s Anabelle,”mother seemed explaining while showing the pendant of my old necklace.

 

“A-Anabelle? She’s Anabelle? Oh, my God, forgive me. Forgive me, Anabelle,” she said to me while kissing my frail and shaking hands.


I don't know what's happening but I felt the drops that drenching us so I ran towards the nearest shade pulling the hands of my mother.


The rich woman was left standing under the rain.

© 2016 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
This is an open-ended story.
Suggestions for improvement are welcome. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What a beautiful story and so complimented by the pictures you used. They help the reader's imagination and enhance the piece. This was written so vividly, and as Coyote said felt very real. Very good work and especially with the words provided! Best of luck!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and appreciation.



Reviews

Hmhmh.
I liked the story.

And boy, do I feel stupid for asking this.
But... But I don't get it.

She's Anabelle..?
Why is the woman suddenly terrified..?
Please, explain.

I apologize for being thick, it appears everyone else who reviewed got it but me!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Nice story, I'd like to see more!


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Lol. I am not a good story writer. But yes, I will train more to enhance this little skill. But than.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Hey, I think the contest is for you. Why not join the contest since there are only few entries? Jus.. read more
What a beautiful story and so complimented by the pictures you used. They help the reader's imagination and enhance the piece. This was written so vividly, and as Coyote said felt very real. Very good work and especially with the words provided! Best of luck!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and appreciation.
A amazing story written my friend.
“A-Anabelle? She’s Anabelle? Oh, my God, forgive me. Forgive me, Anabelle,” she said to me while kissing my frail and shaking hands."
You gave life and spirit to the photos. The story honest and had the feel of real life and thoughts. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote


Posted 7 Years Ago


Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

7 Years Ago

Your review made me smile, sir. You are really moved by the last part of the story. Thank you for th.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I did. I liked the photo a lot and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 20, 2016
Last Updated on May 22, 2016
Tags: daughter, mother, adopted, abandoned, poor

Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BUTTERFLY BUTTERFLY

A Poem by afra


labelled labelled

A Poem by quinfinn