Prolouge.

Prolouge.

A Chapter by Tiarra Templeton

Whenever you pick up a book at a bookstore, your first idea is to read the little paragraph on it’s back cover. If you find it at all interesting, you’ll open up to the front page and start to read through it. You know that if the first couple of lines don’t catch your eye, the book isn’t even worth reading. So, you put it down and continue to look for another one.
The hardest part of writing a book is figuring out the first line. The first line of the book is what matters most, even though it’s the simplest part. If it starts out wrong, no one will read it. Then you’re fucked. I figured that I’d start off this book by writing about how extremely difficult it is to write your first one or two lines, and now that that’s over with, I can actually continue on with my story. 
I’m going to get straight to the point, this is a story about life. It’s about loving too much and living every day like it’s going to be your last. It’s what every other sixteen year old girl out there is looking for, it’s finally something for them to relate to.
This isn’t about a princess who lives in a far off castle in some fairytale, this is reality. This is heartaches and broken promises. It’s the happiness you find in a kiss, and the butterflies that still sit there even hours after. This is honesty and confusion. This is questions that I've asked myself, and answers that I've found along the way. It’s what I know I’ve always wanted to find in a story, and now I’m here to give it to you.
If you’ve made it this far, then I know you’re interested. Thank god for my clever beginning.


© 2010 Tiarra Templeton


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on February 17, 2010
Last Updated on February 17, 2010


Author

Tiarra Templeton
Tiarra Templeton

815, IL



About
Most people call me Tee : ). Writing is probably my only passion. Poetry especially. I live in a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. I'd like to major in creative writing for poetry. Possibly at Columbia... more..

Writing