Affected

Affected

A Poem by Crowley
"

Cumberland Gap...who am I kidding.

"

     He trailered his madness on an old hay wagon and traded a Padre two pigs and four chickens for an old paint to pull it proper. He set off on a pencil sketch of a day to try and find a poultice to take the sting out of his rope burn existence and to look for a woman with lithe fingers and patchy hair who would appreciate his wit.

     On a trail through the Cumberland Gap, he came upon a spring and drank heavily from a cup made from the skin of a Cork Bark Fir. His madness oozed from beneath the tarp and crept up behind him as he stared at his reflection in the water. It spoke to him of wasted energy and lost souls and a need to stay put. The path to happiness was fraught with tigers. He looked and listened and gave his journey nary another thought, content in his role of the universal fool unspooling.


© 2018 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Madness....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your such an explorer Cee bringing us to the "out there" of the "in here"...I think all madmen look for a place to settle with some acceptance of who they are and where they have been in the world...its a drive..

Posted 5 Years Ago


i like the impression of a laid back lifestyle in the woods and the need for survival

Posted 5 Years Ago


Madness...or brilliance...Master-Class writing my friend. Impressionism in writing. The language is ripe and colloquial. Every line and image is real and dust-choked and speaks of de-evolving desperation. Every word is bowing low and praying for mercy. A human touch. A little tenderness. A little salvation. Magnificent and mesmerizing. Crowley, you are the real thing.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Crowley

5 Years Ago

You gotta stop....lol. You make my head too big to fit through the door. Thank you so much!!
Annette Pisano-Higley

5 Years Ago

It is a joy to read your work! :))

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2018
Last Updated on June 19, 2018

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing
Curfew Curfew

A Poem by Crowley


Nowhere Nowhere

A Poem by Crowley



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Narcissist Narcissist

A Poem by Neville


Already Already

A Poem by Crowley


Near or Far Near or Far

A Poem by Crowley