Choke me

Choke me

A Poem by Muse

For you
I shut my mouth
choking me slowly now
resisting the urge to shout
suppressing each of my words
snuffing out each little breath
a jaded embrace
For you
I close my eyes
my thoughts withheld
just your feeble little lamb
my abilities for you to despise
no prince charming do I see
just an Antichrist
For you
I plug my ears
blocking each and every lie
 mixing truth with fictional fears
wiping the spit from my eye
deaf and arrogant
egotistical a*s
For you
I hide my hands
fist clasped tightly behind my back
fingers pressed upon my pulsating gland
ready for another truce-less attack
choking me slowly now
in peaceful solitude

© 2014 Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I understand this sort of hell intimately~ you bring its raw edges out from the victim who won't be victimized to the vivid forefront~

I was talking to someone about this sort of non relationship nightmare the other day and she had asked why I was accomodating at my own emotional peril~ I told her I wasn't ~I was appeasing~ I said something like this

when you "accomodate" someone it's because you genuinely care about their emotions and mental well being~ when you "appease" someone it's to shut their whiny f***ing mouth the f*** up already~ =)~

these mental vampires abound~ and you gotta have some extremely strong reserves to survive their merciless canines~

powerful with impact~ perfectly described~

Posted 12 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is a lot going on in that head of yours isnt there? You have a great ability i have noticed to put intense thoughts into your writing....and that is hard to do.

Great!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Due to my latest review, Succubus, was actually preparing myself for something close to Choke by Chuck Palahniuk (one of my fav authors) due to the title... the core subject value is relative to that of Succubus to the point I think the novella is worth a check out in your free time.
The core theme of this poem seems to be based on the things surrounding an abusive relationship I would think. A relationship in which the man rules over the woman with an iron fist, dominating her like a primal instincts of our animal intellect would intend. It's a very depressing theme I find, but it is an everyday reality for some women, and some women are strong enough to take on all the pain their receiving. The strong will power to remain silence and take the abuse shows more character than of the being that uses tactics of abuse to control a person.
I really enjoyed this poem, it was dam worth a read. Indeed in need of a little praise I must say. The format is also one that is to be pointed out. To use "For you" followed by an action of holding back as a transitional phrase into the next stanza gradually helps paints a picture by connecting the dots to further areas of progression within the poem. You're a talented poet, well worth her words that her read. Your artistic value bleeds from the verses of the dark and bleak reality you write and emphasize. Remarkable work I've read yet.
Although, through all my praise, I must equate that with a constructive remark. one negative value that's possibly to point out for consideration is the stanzas 2 and 3. They add little back story or any plot forward at all, their effectiveness is shadowed by your opening stanza thus making them not needed. over-lengthiness tends to be a common error, one we all tend to make, and hard to pin point when proofreading, thus we overlook it. One way to find it is by taking out things and judging the poem's effectiveness without the things you took out.
But, even with this small, very small, error, I have to say this is a poem of great stature. It speaks of great pain and hardship that is relative to many people's real life troubles, and poems like that are poems that deserve the praise they gain.
90/100 rating I say, job well done my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. oh, a brilliant piece of writing ! ... you write fire in words with poetic precision ... presented beautifully too ... to be silent is one thing but to be silenced is quite another ... it's inspiring to see the narrator here "ready" ... "for another truce-less attack" ... yet what makes one pause and wonder is the image in "choking me slowly now in peaceful solitude" ... one wonders if the victim wants the attacker to be healed ... just my thoughts after reading this truly well crafted piece of powerful poetry ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


I hope you are writing about another
because I care about you and this
sounds like a terrible condition for
a nice person to undergo.
Gifted writing. A talent well above
the ordinary. Stops us in our tracks
and we question and want more.

---- John

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the last two lines for me actually add a submissive possibility to the whole mix whether it was intended or not..

I'm sure many can relate with the primary concept of being stifled and suppressed in one way or another, i know i can.. even dominated or controlled..

brilliant write, it actually left me, gasping for more..
:)


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Everything I have read of yours, thus far.. has been brilliant! You write with such insight, and emotion.. very poignant, solemn, almost in a deep reverence.. BRAVO, on another FINE piece of work!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Strong writing. Stands up to the bold black font. Each part a revealing pulse, even the physical structure of the piece resembles a pulse. Contrasting passive with strength of will... nice piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The title pulled me in. I love verbs in titles and your verb choice is a strong one with all sorts of possible meanings behind it. For anyone who writes there is often frustration over words ... not enough, too many, the wrong words, or people trying to shut us up. That's how I read this one. It is also elegantly executed with the refrain being strong. The 'you' cld be the driving talent, the urge to write, all manner of forces in fact.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ok...does this submissive person inside do more than wish ..or doesshe find that release in her submission to the DOminant..or is this just analogy to the life she lives and being choked out of duty?

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5829 Views
113 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: anger, love, lust, life, emotion, suppression, depression, writing, poem, poetry, adult, relationships, abuse, marriage


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse