Precious Things....

Precious Things....

A Poem by Muse
"

If this makes you sick...then there is hope for humanity.

"

 

 

Shhh
innocence will
 
d
 r
i
p
 
* 

                    *

       *     

 *

        *

 *

       

*      

*

 

 

*

 *

 BE STILL 

my child.
Let me remind you,

what is spoken and said.
Your hopes and dreams,
they must be
bled.
 
Be a good little Girl,
who loves me back,
as I pretend to care.
Your dress is all filthy,
with lice in your hair.
 You've left me,
 a disgusting mess.
I'll wash out the vomit.
A dirty mouth
 needs Bleach,
 and a good dose of Comet.
 
It's okay my darling.
You'll heal with the pain.
FEEL
this needle and thread.
My precious...
precious thing.
 
You need a hug?
Here's a good squeeeeeeze.
 
Soft skin and bones,
to love and to hold.
Why do you wrestle?
We need to
cut/deep,
don't put up a tussle.
Purge and be empty,
only guilt can you keep.
 
 
** Shhhhh **
Don't cry....
peace be with you.
It's just the skin peeling back.
Your world will
feel safe, when it finally
converts BLACK.
 
 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Please don't pass judgement on me. My inspiration is sincere, even if it's a bit dark for some. My daughter was very ill recently, and I was sleeped deprived on top of it all. I could not stand looking at her, she looked so ill, and she was desperate to feel better. And for some reason or other; I started thinking about the Mothers that harmed their own children on purpose....to get attention. Better known as Munchausen Proxy Syndrome. It made me SICK, thinking about it. This writing came from these thoughts, and from my own broken child hood. I often feel like the little girl being sqeezed to death in this picture. There are so many forms of abuse out there. And I think this form of abuse is the sickest of them all. It's both emotional and physical. FYI, my daughter is well now, but it was a week of ugly emotions for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I too am a father,
I understand the mentality behind this. I also see a bit the true darkness within. Not to say you would harm your child or any child, but as to say there are those you would harm if the reasons were right or the time appropriate. I am impressed at how freely you throw yourself into the arms of your concept. You truly exist within it even if only temporarily, I can't say how temporarily. No, that's a piece for another time. I see a 2... 3... 4... sliding into a five. This is ever so haunting. thanks for the suggest I love it.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

ache...she pushed me over the edge two years ago with a mystery illness...I was starting to get scar.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

I consulted with a friend before sharing this...I was scared of being judged.
unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

This I greatly understand,
But someone wise recently told me to push the envelope. I agreed .. read more



Reviews

having children also, I totally understand your reasoning..this is an intelligent and haunting piece..without being overtly graphic, you blended your unique style and imagination to create a stunning and orginal poem. kudos.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
You displayed a darker side of abuse, its a sad reality that it does really happen not just in our mere imaginations. no child must suffer from it but were not god who could do change its fate, still we could do something to prevent it by supporting organization that prevents it, yet again i hope they're not blind-spot type of people..

what a wonderful piece, a flipside of what you suffer and felt in that state.. Im glad your daughter is fine now..


Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

she is better now...but this kind of mental illness is too taboo. Which is my specialty in writing .. read more
WOW. This is art. Not judging you at alll. I just love the display of words - the subject is hard to think about but beautiful anyway. WOW!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is dark and disjointed not at all like the you I love!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Muse

11 Years Ago

It's important that you read my note to readers. Pain brings out a lot of ugly and scary emotions in.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

11 Years Ago

No I understand but this is not your writing. I did read your note.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
A heart wrenching piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

Glad you came by to read it Lynn.
So powerful, Beth... So personal and emotional.
it must have been very hard for you to write and share these hidden and transparent truths.
You did it with class and insight, Beth. I can only imagine what you went through both with your daughter's illness and your own disjointed. "broken" childhood.
Exceptional write Beth, though unpleasant circumstances and content.
You related these feelings and events candidly, thoughtfully, and honestly.
allen
btw...the sidebar..next to the picture...says it all.


Posted 11 Years Ago


Muse

11 Years Ago

Honestly...this poem was inspired by the fear of the school turning me in for something because my d.. read more
Allen Smuckler

11 Years Ago

Sometimes, don't you ever wonder Beth, where we get the strength from...?
I know I do.
a.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

The will to survive, is a mystery to me. I think we all crawl forward, hoping to see the light at th.. read more
This reminds me of something out of A Child Called It. I also thought of the mother from the sixth sense who fed her child poison to make her sick. It is horrible that this kind of abuse exists in the world. It is hard to imagine what would have to happen in the mind to cause someone to do this to another person.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

some of the best art comes from when the mind travels to such dark places. Glad to hear your daughter is feeling well now. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow the things people put their children through. I know people who were raised with these types of parents. It is horrible when a mother puts her own needs to be glorified as a super mom above her children and hurt them for attention. That proxy syndrome is so horrible. It is not one I easily understand. It was a very painful read. But you know it should have been. So many times we brush these things under the rug and never deal with them. On a more positive not though, I am so glad your daughter is well. I hope she will continue to be healthy and well. :) This was a very well expressed piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yes, it is not about the pleasant of thoughts. But you've written it well. You've portrayed the insanity successfully and explained clearly that the kind of person who would go through this is mentally disturbed. And your poem in a sense is very disturbing in a good way as your poems always tend to be. This is a really nice picture, too! I love how you decorate. I mean the red *s definitely look like blood dripping!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3000 Views
90 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, children, abuse, life, poem, poetry, hurt, pain, filth, death, illness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Fly TRAP! Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse