Precious Things....

Precious Things....

A Poem by Muse
"

If this makes you sick...then there is hope for humanity.

"

 

 

Shhh
innocence will
 
d
 r
i
p
 
* 

                    *

       *     

 *

        *

 *

       

*      

*

 

 

*

 *

 BE STILL 

my child.
Let me remind you,

what is spoken and said.
Your hopes and dreams,
they must be
bled.
 
Be a good little Girl,
who loves me back,
as I pretend to care.
Your dress is all filthy,
with lice in your hair.
 You've left me,
 a disgusting mess.
I'll wash out the vomit.
A dirty mouth
 needs Bleach,
 and a good dose of Comet.
 
It's okay my darling.
You'll heal with the pain.
FEEL
this needle and thread.
My precious...
precious thing.
 
You need a hug?
Here's a good squeeeeeeze.
 
Soft skin and bones,
to love and to hold.
Why do you wrestle?
We need to
cut/deep,
don't put up a tussle.
Purge and be empty,
only guilt can you keep.
 
 
** Shhhhh **
Don't cry....
peace be with you.
It's just the skin peeling back.
Your world will
feel safe, when it finally
converts BLACK.
 
 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Please don't pass judgement on me. My inspiration is sincere, even if it's a bit dark for some. My daughter was very ill recently, and I was sleeped deprived on top of it all. I could not stand looking at her, she looked so ill, and she was desperate to feel better. And for some reason or other; I started thinking about the Mothers that harmed their own children on purpose....to get attention. Better known as Munchausen Proxy Syndrome. It made me SICK, thinking about it. This writing came from these thoughts, and from my own broken child hood. I often feel like the little girl being sqeezed to death in this picture. There are so many forms of abuse out there. And I think this form of abuse is the sickest of them all. It's both emotional and physical. FYI, my daughter is well now, but it was a week of ugly emotions for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I too am a father,
I understand the mentality behind this. I also see a bit the true darkness within. Not to say you would harm your child or any child, but as to say there are those you would harm if the reasons were right or the time appropriate. I am impressed at how freely you throw yourself into the arms of your concept. You truly exist within it even if only temporarily, I can't say how temporarily. No, that's a piece for another time. I see a 2... 3... 4... sliding into a five. This is ever so haunting. thanks for the suggest I love it.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

ache...she pushed me over the edge two years ago with a mystery illness...I was starting to get scar.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

I consulted with a friend before sharing this...I was scared of being judged.
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

This I greatly understand,
But someone wise recently told me to push the envelope. I agreed .. read more



Reviews

What a painful, stirring write... pulling us down into that abyss of sorrow, and fear, and abandonment... You have done what poets should do.. you've created a work that strikes deeply into the heart and mind... that makes us think and feel the living nature of our own humanity... And for the illness that was your muse... so glad your daughter is better, and that you're able to rest again... and find peace.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

your work is amazing. I loved this very much it is wonderful...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Two reviewers: "I never know what to expect from you, except of course excellence...", and, "...dark, yet brilliant..."
I couldn't sum up this astonishing piece of work better than these have. Though the depth of your soul frequently leaves me foundering on hidden reefs of my own, you ability to describe pain in all its forms is unequaled. It hardly matters whether you were the victim, who has transcended the pain of daughterhood by becoming a mother, then by writing of it,only to discover the pain was not in fact transcended at all, but merely buried. Letters are the best therapy.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
The power in this write is apparent. The message is real, although sad. I am thrilled to see she is better. You too, I hope.

You are an inspirational writer you know....your style and ability to push boundaries is nice to see here.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm in shock at your vision...... So many levels.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very dark but important write. I was a victim of abuse as a child and can identify with the plight of other abuse victims. You did a very good job of expressing a dark subject.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In light of how children are being harmed instead of cherished as they should be, your poem is almost a poetically written summation of daily news. Our children are suffering and what is worse the powers that be are allowing it to happen because of their own needs. As a society I think we'd better begin very quickly to turn this thing around. Our children are the future and that fact seems to have gone by the wayside. Evils against children have always gone on (I was raped as a child by my best friends father) but instead of rising up in rage at the evil doers and truly educating our children about protecting themselves and keeping a clear line of communication in showing they will be backed up, things seem to be at a stand still, in denials and people still turning heads against involvement against the evil.
I fill with rage and indignation when I see anybody (child or adult) harming another and (one of these days I will probably be paid back) but I always intervene in some manner. I've raised my children (all adults and parents now) to be cognizant of abuse of any type and stopping a wrong .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is such a good writing. It shows so much pain, and at the same time, it is so clear the criticism, but in a way that made me look for an end... Very good!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dark, yet brilliant, like a lye-tinged kiss from the lips of Tyler Durden.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Dark and incredibly wonderful writing.........

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3002 Views
90 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, children, abuse, life, poem, poetry, hurt, pain, filth, death, illness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..