Precious Things....

Precious Things....

A Poem by Muse
"

If this makes you sick...then there is hope for humanity.

"

 

 

Shhh
innocence will
 
d
 r
i
p
 
* 

                    *

       *     

 *

        *

 *

       

*      

*

 

 

*

 *

 BE STILL 

my child.
Let me remind you,

what is spoken and said.
Your hopes and dreams,
they must be
bled.
 
Be a good little Girl,
who loves me back,
as I pretend to care.
Your dress is all filthy,
with lice in your hair.
 You've left me,
 a disgusting mess.
I'll wash out the vomit.
A dirty mouth
 needs Bleach,
 and a good dose of Comet.
 
It's okay my darling.
You'll heal with the pain.
FEEL
this needle and thread.
My precious...
precious thing.
 
You need a hug?
Here's a good squeeeeeeze.
 
Soft skin and bones,
to love and to hold.
Why do you wrestle?
We need to
cut/deep,
don't put up a tussle.
Purge and be empty,
only guilt can you keep.
 
 
** Shhhhh **
Don't cry....
peace be with you.
It's just the skin peeling back.
Your world will
feel safe, when it finally
converts BLACK.
 
 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Please don't pass judgement on me. My inspiration is sincere, even if it's a bit dark for some. My daughter was very ill recently, and I was sleeped deprived on top of it all. I could not stand looking at her, she looked so ill, and she was desperate to feel better. And for some reason or other; I started thinking about the Mothers that harmed their own children on purpose....to get attention. Better known as Munchausen Proxy Syndrome. It made me SICK, thinking about it. This writing came from these thoughts, and from my own broken child hood. I often feel like the little girl being sqeezed to death in this picture. There are so many forms of abuse out there. And I think this form of abuse is the sickest of them all. It's both emotional and physical. FYI, my daughter is well now, but it was a week of ugly emotions for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I too am a father,
I understand the mentality behind this. I also see a bit the true darkness within. Not to say you would harm your child or any child, but as to say there are those you would harm if the reasons were right or the time appropriate. I am impressed at how freely you throw yourself into the arms of your concept. You truly exist within it even if only temporarily, I can't say how temporarily. No, that's a piece for another time. I see a 2... 3... 4... sliding into a five. This is ever so haunting. thanks for the suggest I love it.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

ache...she pushed me over the edge two years ago with a mystery illness...I was starting to get scar.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

I consulted with a friend before sharing this...I was scared of being judged.
unsavable_soul

11 Years Ago

This I greatly understand,
But someone wise recently told me to push the envelope. I agreed .. read more



Reviews

the cinematic aura which you create within each and every deeply threaded poetic you spin from sinew and soul with equal power always fills my eyes with images that leak through into my brain and down my spine where they roam until they find my heart~ here we have the spinerette of a tightly brocaded child caught in the horrifying disinterred interpretation of love by a thing that is an unparent at best~ the needle goes over under with each line embedding the reader deeply into the tapestry of soaking blood and soaking mental illness that permeates this poetic that is in and of itself also vivid art~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You compose such heart rendering poems Muse. Your work on this one is exceptional. You open ones eyes to to lifes realities. Emotional tears formed as I read this. As a mom, we do have those moments when one of our children falls ill and we feel helpless. Excellent expressions here!! Thanks for writing and sharing it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is revelatory, hard to read, hard to put down, hard to get out of ones head. I'm always stunned by the things you choose to write about with such clarity and emotional precision.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What can I say that hasn't already been said.. Intelligent, and brave.. Bravo for allowing yourself to stand bare, stark with naked truth. Thank you for having the strength to post such a powerful piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Even though loving our family should be unconditional it doesn't mean it is not hard at times... a very open and honest piece that I am sure others can relate too. The world is not always pretty and neither is our feelings.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Glad to hear about your daughter's recovery. btw get some sleep.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The mothers of years gone by didn't get an opportunity to look beautiful. With the comfort of the middle class today, we can come to make amends to past mistakes, not only in action but with the understanding of song.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is raw and disturbing, as it should be. These images will take some time to subside, and I can't begin to imagine what you endured watching your child suffering. I hope writing this was cathartic for you. Thank you for sharing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is one of them writings that reach in and just tears the heart strings to a breaking point of sadness.

Muse... This is a heart retching of work... Hard work of superb writing. It comes from the core of your heart and soul.

Very well done - So glad your daughter is feeling better and doing ok.

If I may... May I give you a virtual (((Hug)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3001 Views
90 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, children, abuse, life, poem, poetry, hurt, pain, filth, death, illness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..