Adieu Earth Warriors

Adieu Earth Warriors

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere

I come out of my cave to see what has become of this place

To my surprise, I see his face.

I say, "Oh dear boy you've found my woods

The place I like to hide away in, I never thought anyone could."

This place seems less darker now, a little more of the sun I see.

As it kindly gives me its warmth, as well as the trees.

"This place is not safe for you" I say, holding back true intentions.

But this boy stands without stirring, no sign of apprehensions.

I show him my stitches, cuts, and scars.

I show him the blue-ish, purple bruises that cover my arms.

Yet he does not flinch, twitch or cringe.

He sees the burns, that have been singed.

I say “look away, these pains are mine to bear."

He walks up to my person, and takes my pain in his hands.

He holds my arms that have worn away, the suffrage I’ve had to withstand.

He kisses the scars, wraps up the bad and swings it around,

And throws it in the river, where it can never be found.

And just like that I am no longer afraid.

Of the bad or the darkness, or the handmade pain.

Thank you dear boy for the medicine you’ve supplied.

I wish for happy days and Disney filled afternoons with you by my side

I bid you adieu earth warriors, for I have rediscovered the sun,

It might not last long but I have time for one.

 

© 2013 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Overall, I really like this. It has a really refreshingly positive message. The one main thing I think that get's me is the note of 'Disney filled afternoons'. While I am indeed very much of a Disney fan myself (I even have a Micky Mouse tattoo on my hand) I just feel like the reference took away from the timelessness of the rest of the piece. Otherwise, I particularly did like the way you described the healing process. Very nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great poem! I really like "He walks up to my person, and takes my pain in his hands.

He holds my arms that have worn away, the suffrage I’ve had to withstand." Beautiful words!


Posted 9 Years Ago


Overall, I really like this. It has a really refreshingly positive message. The one main thing I think that get's me is the note of 'Disney filled afternoons'. While I am indeed very much of a Disney fan myself (I even have a Micky Mouse tattoo on my hand) I just feel like the reference took away from the timelessness of the rest of the piece. Otherwise, I particularly did like the way you described the healing process. Very nice work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very heartfelt.
One day, we will find closure.
and find that special someone :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Who is the boy here? Is he God or somebody that meant a lot to you?
Anyways, this is a good poem of acceptance, healing and love.
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very good story. I like the way he healed and fixed her. I like his lack of fear and the strong ending. A interesting tale. Made me wish to understand more? Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


the healing qualities of acceptance and unconditional love. sounds like a wonderful fantasy to me. very nicely penned.

Posted 11 Years Ago


:) Wow, beautiful story here. If only there were more people like that in the world. Love your use of metaphors. I just wanted to point out that the word "suffrage" as you've used, does not mean what you intended ;P it means vote.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow, Disney really threw me off for a moment! but I loved it!!! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a surprising, intriguing little tale! Full of life and hope! The "Disney" mention was a nice touch, I pictures singing animals and colorful rainbows! Love the overall mood, and the upbeat feel! Well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 4, 2013
Last Updated on February 4, 2013

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..