Chapter 1: the discovery

Chapter 1: the discovery

A Chapter by n_hood99

CHAPTER 1:THE DISCOVERY

   It was so late but I knew that I could find the treasure before dark. I told myself that I would. See look! There was a little spark at the end of the cave that I could see shining. I think that might be treasure. Maybe gold coins!
   It was very hard to see where I was stepping and I tripped three times! Because it was so dark and there were all these rocks that I couldn't see.
   "OUCH!" I tripped again and fell on my knees. I scratched my knee and I felt it bleeding a little. But I was OK. I got up quickly and then kept walking again.
   I was a couple feet away from the treasure. I thought it was treasure. But I still did not know. There! I could reach my hand out and touch it now! I reached out and picked it up. Gold coins? No...
   I was so sad! I thought it was gold! But you know what it was? A wrapper. A candy wrapper. I was so disappointed! No!!!
   What could I do with a candy wrapper? That's not treasure or even valuable. I promised my trainer that I would find the treasure before dark. Now my dreams of becoming a detective are gone.

(1 hour later)

   "I am sorry Sir!" I told my trainer.
   "Andre! You told me you would find me the treasure! You no detective! Just a kid!"
   "I am sorry. I looked so hard. I kept tripping on the rocks." I showed him my bleeding knee.
   "Did you find anything?"
   "A candy wrapper Sir. That's all."
   "A wrapper? Show it to me."
   "Here it is." I had put the wrapper in pocket.
   "I see. Gold wrapper." He threw it on the ground. "That's no treasure, Andre!"
   "I said sorry, Sir!"
   "OK. I will forgive you now. But next time I will not! A detective needs to be successful every time! You can't let me down!
   "Sorry Sir! I promise I will find the treasure next time!"
   "OK! You promise! Now, here is your next mission. You have to find a man. I know him. I will tell you three things about this man. He lives in Connecticut. He tricks. He can't get off the streets. Find him by the New Year and don't let me down Andre!"
   "OK!  But Sir, that's only 7 days!"
   "Yes. Only 7. Don't let me down. And don't waste any time. You can start tonight and continue in the morning."
   "OK Sir!"
   I went to my computer. I wanted to start searching. So this man lives in Connecticut, tricks and can't leave the streets. I live in Connecticut, so I don't have to travel that is good! Tricks and can't leave the streets. Maybe he is a police man?





© 2014 n_hood99


Author's Note

n_hood99
I'm not done...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

well maybe i am done.......

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014
Tags: the discovery, chapter 1, adventures


Author

n_hood99
n_hood99

CT



About
My name is Nicholas (Nick) Hood. I like writing a lot. YAYAY! And I am 15! YAYAYA! more..

Writing