CHAPTER 2: STARTING MY SEARCH

CHAPTER 2: STARTING MY SEARCH

A Chapter by n_hood99

CHAPTER 2: STARTING MY SEARCH

   I was so excited to begin! I thought that this man could be a policeman...maybe! But I didn't know this was my first REAL mission! 
   I started to search next morning. I started by searching "policeman in Connecticut." That didn't really work. So then I searched "well known police man in Connecticut." No. Searching didn't really work. So I realized that I would have to go out and find this man on my own. I would have to look everywhere. He didn't say a town so I thought that I should start in Stamford. That is my hometown! 
   I went to Stamford. My parents said it was fine if I didn't hop in anyone's car. OK I won't! So I went to Stamford and started asking people at gas stations and stores if they knew anyone who likes to trick around here and is always on the streets. One guy said he doesn't really leave the store because it is his business. Another guy said he has no idea. Then I went to the library and asked the librarian. 
   "Hi. Do you know of any guy around here that likes to trick and can't leave the streets?"
   "Trick who?"
   "I don't know."
   "Well, my friend that works at a bakery likes to tell jokes."
   "Is this person male?"
   "Yes. He likes jokes!"
   "OK. What is his name?"
   "Robert."
   "OK. Robert who?"
   "Robert Emery. Who are you?"
   "I am learning how to be a detective."
   "And you are looking for Robert?"
   "I don't know. I just know that the person is a guy, he likes to trick, and he can't leave the streets."
   "Oh, well Robert can leave the streets."
   "Well then it's not him."
   "Why don't you go ask anyway. You know what bakery?"
   "Yeah, I think. I will just go there."
   "OK! I hope that was helpful! I don't know of anyone else who likes to joke..."
   "OK. Thanks."
I left and went to the bakery. There were so many people there. And a long line. But I had to push to the front and ask. I was not ordering anything so it was OK. But maybe not to some people.
   "HEY! KID! Get to the back of the line!"
   "I'm not ordering anything. I have an important question."
   "Get to the back!"
   "NO! I am asking something very important!"
   Finally this man let me ask my question. I said:
   "Hi! Are you Robert Emery?""
   "No, I'm Tim. Robert is out today, he's sick. Can I pass on a message for you?"
   "Well yeah you can, but NO. It would be better if I just told him."
   "You can write it down, here!" he gave me some paper and a pen.
   "OK."
   "And also put your name and number. When he gets back he can call."
   "OK."
   I wrote down this: Hi Robert Emery. My name is Andre. I was wondering if you know anyone named Henry Higgins. He is a trainer. He trains people that want to be a detective one day. If you know him can you please let me know? Even if you don't call me and tell me. Thanks! Bye!


© 2014 n_hood99


Author's Note

n_hood99
not done...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on February 23, 2014
Last Updated on February 23, 2014


Author

n_hood99
n_hood99

CT



About
My name is Nicholas (Nick) Hood. I like writing a lot. YAYAY! And I am 15! YAYAYA! more..

Writing