And...breathe (10/15/09)

And...breathe (10/15/09)

A by Gazelle

Okay, so I've had one glass (lg.) of cab., spent the last three hours going through boxes of stuff I don't use, and most likely will never use. Of course once it's gone I'll suddenly have the need to use the stuff I just gave away. It always works that way, or so the pack rat in me would say.

Despite the pack-rat voice chiming in though, I've managed to post several things on freecycle, craigslist, trashed the trash, and bagged the rest for goodwill. I'm not done yet. I'm taking a break for another glass of wine actually. So while I'm drinking glass (lg.) #2 of...wait I'm actually drinking Pinot Noir. That's right, I've decided to try a different type of wine finally! So, back to the topic...while I'm drinking #2 glass I've been thinking about what I've been reading lately, what I've been focusing on in my own life, and what I hope to do in the future.

It all centers around the idea that while I like to think I'm pretty darn important (don't we all!), I'm your cliche piece in the larger puzzle. Not really a piece actually. More like a cog in the clockworks. Because life moves. Life isn't stationary like a puzzle or a picture. It flows and moves around everything. And we flow and move with, but mostly against, life and the natural flow of things.

The thing that I' coming back to is the idea that my actions, my reactions, every thought, every move, has an effect on someone or something else. It's difficult to see the who's or the what's but it happens. Every action has a reaction; every yin it's yang; every Lucy Ricardo it's Ricky Ricardo...lol, you get the idea!

So I'm coming back to the beginning. I'm coming back to that inter-connectedness (whew!) and that idea that little 'ol me can make a difference by accepting life in all of it's awe/pain/exhilarating/frus

trating moments. I'm coming back to the point where I take responsibility for my life and my actions and I make my choices based on the idea that life is an experience and life should be lived with wonder and awe.

And I start by clearing a space for myself where I can breathe...

 

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

"And I start by clearing a space for myself where I can breathe.."
Hard to do. But we must. Good thoughts with a logical ending.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Wow. This really describes well the moving in to someplace. Showing who you are. Unpacking yourself. Awesome!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 3, 2009
Last Updated on November 3, 2009


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Emily


1.Flashback 1.Flashback

A Chapter by alison13