Wishing the chapter had been longer

Wishing the chapter had been longer

A Story by Gazelle
"

Chapter ends: "And then he lied."

"
It started off pretty fast and amazing and exciting. This is what I wrote to a friend:
"Read below while listening to The Flight of the Bumblebee:

Wow, I need to update you on my crazy life! Long story, I'll try to condense it.

Chapter One: Went to Vegas for a conference on Wed night, while waiting to see a show in Vegas sat at a piano bar for a glass of wine, Joel sits down next to me waiting for friends, talk for a few minutes, i leave to go see my show without saying bye.

Chapter Two: I go to class the next day, get out early, go play tourist in Vegas for the afternoon, on my way back stop at the same casino I was at the other night to pick up a present for Jace, walk out of the gift shop, hear my name, turn around, there's Joel, Joel is meeting a friend for dinner who is part of the pit crew for one of the top drag car racing teams, invites me to come along, we spend most of the rest of the night walking around Vegas, Joel invites me to go fly in that plane with him the next day while he teaches a student, I of course have to to go!

Chapter Three: Joel shows up the next morning before my class with a latte from starbucks, i go to class, Joel picks me up and we go to meet the plane on the river, fly around for awhile landing and taking off in the water!!!, i get to meet a lot of Joel's friends who fly also, he drives me back to Vegas, we stop for a bite to eat, another one of Joel's good friends show up at the place we're eating, Joel drops me off at the airport to go home.

Chapter Four: Joel and I spend waaaaaayyy too much time on the phone talking and texting during Halloween.

Chapter Five: Sunday rolls around and we decide that Jace and I are going to fly down to Pomona to see the drag car races with him, midway through planning this Joel asks when the last time was that Jace got to go to Disneyland, we're going to go to Disneyland in two weeks.

Chapter Six: Monday at work, telling the story over and over, Joel sends me a ticket to fly back to Vegas this weekend and go flying, Joel is going to teach me how to fly, asked if Jace wanted to come along too, already had plans with gpa Joe though, Holly is going to Vegas to learn how to fly.

Questions? Yeah I know. Slightly sudden, waaaaay crazy...but I felt like I met my best friend. Totally crazy about this guy. Crazy, crazy, crazy!!!"

So that's basically how we met. Oh yeah, we're in love. Holidays already planned, tickets booked, can't wait for this next weekend in Disneyland where the boys get to meet each other! What an amazing Two weeks this has been. TWO WEEKS!!! I think I would have rolled my eyes if anyone had told me this was possible. Totally possible, I'm ridiculously happy right now, Joel is ridiculously happy right now, and Jace will be ridiculously happy when we surprise him Friday morning with the news we're not going to the races but instead we're going to Disneyland!!!"

That was my story since the end of October last year. And then he lied.

© 2010 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Exhillarating, romantic and then heart-breaking! :( Great writeup!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Added on October 2, 2010
Last Updated on October 2, 2010