Father's Day Picnic (06/21/09)

Father's Day Picnic (06/21/09)

A by Gazelle

It was a good day today. Despite what everyone expects this day to be for me and my son, it was a good day. We woke up, played a video game, went outside and worked in the yard for awhile, went to Chico and overloaded the car with bamboo flooring (future project), had the girls next door over, ate otter pops, and went back down to Chico for an evening picnic.

Our first stop was to pick up the flowers and another coffee for me, our second stop was at McDonald's for the Happy Meal we were going to share, and our last stop was Chico cemetery. We arranged the flowers, sat down on the wet grass, broke open the happy meal, and we began to remember Jesse, my son's father.

And it was a good conversation. We remembered the baseball games at the school field down the road and we remembered the video games they both would play. I told him about the day he was born, the day Jesse became a father, and how important that day was to him. And we laughed at how silly we all were together.

We talked as two people do, sitting at the park, passing time, reminiscing about the past. And we talked until sunset when the man rode by on his bike and started to close the gates. So we wrapped up our conversation, picked up our happy meal box, and said another goodbye. No tears this time, just many good memories.

A good Father's Day. Not what you may have expected but really at this point, if you know me at all, it shouldn't be a surprise.

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

A nice grace feel of two people meeting and their conversation ..
I enjoyed it ..................... Good work..
The work has a tender feel..............

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

201 Views
1 Review
Added on November 10, 2009