Curious (10/14/09)

Curious (10/14/09)

A by Gazelle

Cooking lasagna. Extra cheese. Mmmmm.....Having a glass of wine while I finish everything.

Hmm...I'm curious about a few things in life right now.

I'm curious about why people are so closed. And I'm including myself in this generalization. I'm curious why we feel the need to show a "side" when we're with different people and why we are who we are when we're alone. I'm curious if the saying is true about living alone and dying alone. I don't think it is, but I'm still curious about it.

I'm curious about our self-perception and how easily we miss some of our more obvious flaws. I like to think that I admit to all of mine and I see them but maybe not. I've definitely seen other people who seem to be completely oblivious to their own character flaws. Why is it that we don't catch these things and see them for what they are? Do people accept these things or do they just not notice? Do we choose not to confront our own problems while focusing on our peers?

I'm curious why we feel the need to be accepted especially by the people who have rejected us. Is it something we're taught when we're young? You see it in school children all of the time. Then you see it in young adults and their tumultuous relationships. Move onto "mature" adults and it's still there. Why don't we learn early on how to move on and find happiness in the people who accept us unconditionally? And is there really an unconditional acceptance in the people we know?

And I'm curious about how love fits into all of it. I'm curious why we need that feeling of love so urgently. I'm curious why we focus on finding "The One". I'm curious why we give up ourselves sometimes just to keep that love.

And I'm curious why a broken heart feels healed one moment and torn apart the next. I'm curious about why the healing process is so different every time and I'm curious why it doesn't just stay broken and be done with it.

Just some random curiosities while I have a glass of wine and sample my sauce. And if I do say so myself (why yes, yes I do!) this is some pretty damn good sauce! And yes, I've answered most of my curiosities for myself, it's mostly the Cabernet talking at this point. Cheers! And may the best woman, or man, win the lasagna cook-off tomorrow at work!

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well said, dear sauce chef.

Perhaps all of life comes down to curiosity.
What's it like to feel this? How does this taste?
When will a change occur? Why is this the way it is?
Who is in charge here? And who put them in charge?

I do not know any of it. I do not even know the saying about 'living alone and dying alone'.
How does it go? (more curiosity)

Thanks for sharing your moment of wine and sauce with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 4, 2009