another thought on perspective, control, and choices (09/28/09)

another thought on perspective, control, and choices (09/28/09)

A by Gazelle

two sickos laying in bed watching the original Transformers movie. footie pajamas on, theraflu taken, and i'm feeling sick physically but amazingly enough not so sick emotionally today. yesterday was tough for various reasons and probably exacerbated by the fact i had a fever and the beginnings of the flu bug.

i thought about things a lot though. waking up at 3:30 with the cold/hot sweats gives you plenty of time to think lol :) i thought about why i was so upset and realized, once again, i had chosen to focus on things that were completely out of my control. the thing is even if we don't like what another person is saying or doing, there's absolutely nothing we can do to control it. the only healthy option is to focus on the things we have control over which narrows it down to our own choices. so i figured out, again, that as long as i was ok with my own choices and actions then i didn't need to worry about those of anyone else. it's hard to let go of that need to control and make things work exactly how you want them to but what a huge relief when you let it go and just let people be who they are. let them make their decisions and don't try to force the situation.

so back to Transformers, lotsa liquids, and snuggling with my co-sicko! focus on making the right choices for yourself and let others make the choices that are right for them :)

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Words of earned wisdom. Glad you chose to share them with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 4, 2009