thinking (07/29/09)

thinking (07/29/09)

A by Gazelle

i think sometimes, as much as they try not to, people go into their relationships expecting others to disappoint them. any type of relationship. friend, acquaintances, lovers. i wonder why? it's setting yourself up to fail and its also giving yourself an easy escape route. at least that's what i'm thinking. because if you expect the worst then its not so bad when it happens?

but how do you function when you're first response to any negative sign is "ah-ha! i knew it! you're just like the rest of them!" sh*t! what's the point? and if you expect the worst in people then guess what...that's prob. what you're gonna get.

and what if you have no expectations at all? do you just not care? and if you don't care then again...what's the point?

i like to hope and expect good things from people. i don't expect perfection, just good things, and let that manifest itself in whatever way works for that person. because i think it's just as easy to fall into the trap of expecting the very best and not giving any ground for the fact that we're all human and no one is perfect. i try not to expect too much but at the same time not too little. i realize that some people will be who they are and that just won't work with my life. and that's ok. not everyone is supposed to play a huge role in our lives. i think i'm recognizing the ones who are in those huge roles and the ones who aren't. oh yeah, and the roles change too. i think that you have to be flexible enough to realize that roles change, they are filled, they leave, they come back into the role, or sometimes they are that steady co-pilot role that's in it for the long haul.

just more random thoughts for the night. night skies are beautiful btw :)

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Greatly said.. I agree with your point.. we are disappointed only 'cause we expect more than will be given..
Enjoyed reading..
Keep going..:)))

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on November 4, 2009