Whaddya got to lose? (7/12/09)

Whaddya got to lose? (7/12/09)

A by Gazelle

its funny how we hang onto things. physical, mental, emotional...things.

how often do you here someone say,"well at least i have ____ to hold onto." why do we hold on to these things in the first place? wonder what it would be like to just...let go. let life happen and not hang on whiteknuckled like our lives depended on it. say whatever u need to say and be whatever u need to be.

i know...what about the bad things? what about the "bad" people? if we really believe that things happen for a reason and that it all works out the way it is supposed to then the bad goes along with the good and what happens is all part of the lives we live.

i guess i'm more focused on the little things we hold into though. our little pieces of pride and insisting that we were in the right, stubbornly refusing to let our guard down, refusing to admit vulnerability. why do we hold ourselves back? why don't we take the chance?

one thing about chances: once they pass, they're gone. more will come along, but that moment, that chance you could have taken, is gone. and, if in the end we're all in the same boat, why are we so concerned about getting our feelings hurt or a little ridicule for showing our true emotions?

what a dilemna, what a dilemna! maybe people are right when they say that some things are better left unsaid. but better for whom?

lol, this is what happens when i've had a 2.5 hr nap during the day :) random thoughts late into the night...

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

"what a dilemna, what a dilemna! maybe people are right when they say that some things are better left unsaid. but better for whom? "
Good wisdom and I agree. Silence is better than raising hate and argument. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry and thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009