Your Daddy (06/21/09)

Your Daddy (06/21/09)

A by Gazelle

To my son,

On this day I want you to know how much you meant to your daddy and I want you to know how special of a man he was. I want you to know that from the moment he found out we were having you he loved you more than anything in the world and the first time he laid eyes on you his love was overwhelming and he cried. Because a good man will let the tears fall in moments like that and your daddy was a great man.

He was a man who loved his family and friends and who would do anything for the people he loved. A friend could count on him to be there by his side and back him up no matter what. He was fiercely loyal and just as fiercely stubborn about what he thought was right. He was someone you could look up to, a man you could talk with and laugh with. He had a wicked sense of humor.

He was a man who spent hours sitting on top of the steps talking with me about what we were going to do and where we were going to go. And when you came along he was a man who would rock you to sleep, pick you up after you fell, and tickle you till you couldn't laugh anymore. He taught you how to throw, he taught you how to swing the bat, and he taught you to shake it off and get back up after a fall.

Jesse Scudder was your daddy. And today on Father's Day he would have told you how proud he is of you. And you've given him every reason to be proud. You are a constant reminder to me of the wonderful man your father was and I am proud of you too.

Love you little buddy,
Mommy

© 2009 Gazelle


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aww, this was beautiful. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 10, 2009