Humans

Humans

A Poem by child of God

What’s wrong with this world?

With us humans?

 The human kind is so selfish, self-centered

They toil only for themselves

People are like animals

Fighting to survive

We waste

And exhaust

The Earth’s resources

And fight over every piece of land

That is useful

Eventually, we will all

   Blow ourselves to hell

With bombs, guns and nukes

We see it coming

And can’t avoid it

We are a race

Of gifted savages

And soon

We will exist no more

People are too dam

Self-centered to

Change a thing  

© 2015 child of God


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The world is in such a sad state of affairs who to blame but the devil rules this earth he was unleashed and told to be bold and to watch over God's people like this servant Job Who as a faithful and a righteous man all the days of his life. We on earth do not live the life Job lived we are not as forgiving as all that. We can only tolerate so many bad thing happening to us in this life before we crack. Our God forgives us and give us a way back into graces only he provides with the way his Son Died for us for our forgiveness of our sins. The people on this who believe in him will be saved from Sin and Death Amen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Dear Child of God, it's called the human condition. The animal kingdom wrestles with the same thing it just looks different than ours. We will never know true piece this side of life when peace on earth is based on treaties and conditions as long as they're upheld. Restless souls we are.

Posted 8 Years Ago


"gifted savages" is my favorite word choice here.
Starting the poem with a question works well to set up almost an disbelief that we would let it get this bad.

Posted 9 Years Ago


so much truth spoken in these words...:))

Posted 9 Years Ago


Fyodor Dostoevski summarized it and said: "People speak sometimes about the "bestial" cruelty of man, but that is terribly unjust and offensive to beasts, no animal could ever be so cruel as a man, so artfully, so artistically cruel."

Good poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A very frank and honest reality. What I love about this poem is not what you picture with your words. It is what the other side of the coin would have looked like and more importantly what we could of achieved...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Really shows the sad state of our world. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I have written a poem with a similar theme but it's always interesting to see how a different poet develops the theme. You have done it with a unique, intelligently worded voice. Great writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Congratulations on winning the Need Reviews? IV Contest!!

This poem is blunt, very real, and I could tell that you put your heart and soul into this. When I read it, I knew that it deserved a winning spot. Well done!

-Mila

Posted 9 Years Ago


child of God

9 Years Ago

Thank you ...
The world is in such a sad state of affairs who to blame but the devil rules this earth he was unleashed and told to be bold and to watch over God's people like this servant Job Who as a faithful and a righteous man all the days of his life. We on earth do not live the life Job lived we are not as forgiving as all that. We can only tolerate so many bad thing happening to us in this life before we crack. Our God forgives us and give us a way back into graces only he provides with the way his Son Died for us for our forgiveness of our sins. The people on this who believe in him will be saved from Sin and Death Amen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely right unfortunately, people are sinners by nature and selfish,
greedy, jealous, etc, always thinking about themselves, you may enjoy
my piece called masters potter, you did very well on this piece, thanks for sharing and b-blessed!

Posted 9 Years Ago


child of God

9 Years Ago

Thank you ....

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 2, 2015
Last Updated on February 2, 2015
Tags: the world, coruptness, humanes

Author

child of God
child of God

edmond , OK



About
My name is Stephanie Phillips I am 25 years old I have been writing for nearly seven years I'm a mother of two kids daughter's autistic with apraxia of speech son adhd and I am an autistic woman who .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


truth truth

A Poem by child of God


50/50 50/50

A Poem by Green