Guardian

Guardian

A Story by E Chadwick
"

Ever felt an unseen presence next to you, or had odd, lucky little instances in your life? Read this.

"

There is a place where spirits reside before they first embark onto this world. It has many names, but regardless of what you call it, it’s there. Before someone is born, their...being, their soul, if you will, is first created is this place. These spirits have no form yet, only potential and personality. However, this is not the only type of spirit. There are also those who have passed on. These differ from the former. These spirits have form, usually the basic human shape, though it is ageless and invisible to the human eye.

Most of the time, a spirit of this type will grow attached to one of the other. Gradually, they’ll begin to feel as though it is their responsibility to watch over this individual. When it comes time for the individual to enter this world, the spirit will be heartbroken. They wouldn’t be able to bear existence without the individual. So, they follow the other down onto Earth.

This has been true for each person on this planet. Everyone has some sort of guardian accompanying them, though they’ve never known it. The spirit has watched them grow, made subtle but important happenings in their lives, seen them reach what they were meant to achieve, loved them like family. If you’ve ever felt someone right next to you, but seen no one, or had a warm, fuzzy feeling before falling asleep, or felt a hand gently stroke your back, that’s them. They’ve been there for as long as you’ve been alive, watching, assisting, encouraging.

While they can’t exactly speak, they can express their affection in other ways: that small, reassuring voice in the back of your mind, those instances where you’ve found some lost object in a suspiciously obvious place, those moments where some unseen force has caught you as you’ve fallen. So, when something happens that may seem too good to be true...think about that.

© 2017 E Chadwick


Author's Note

E Chadwick
I know this is PAINFULLY short, but it was just a little idea I had that I HAD to write down in some form. Please leave feedback in the comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is reads like a prologue to an actual story of a former human and a new spirit. The only thing that I noticed was the shift from "spirit" to "individual". Maybe use: soul, twice-born spirit. Along those lines as individual doesn't really distinguish between those who have returned to this place and the newly formed ones. Just a thought...
I liked the concept and it was well constructed. Thanks for a good read while the storm is a'blowin' outside my window this Saturday morning.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is reads like a prologue to an actual story of a former human and a new spirit. The only thing that I noticed was the shift from "spirit" to "individual". Maybe use: soul, twice-born spirit. Along those lines as individual doesn't really distinguish between those who have returned to this place and the newly formed ones. Just a thought...
I liked the concept and it was well constructed. Thanks for a good read while the storm is a'blowin' outside my window this Saturday morning.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
1 Review
Added on July 8, 2017
Last Updated on July 8, 2017
Tags: guardian angel, guardian, spirit

Author

E Chadwick
E Chadwick

LA



About
Hi! Welcome to my profile. I mostly write short stories, but I also write some poetry. All of my work is original, as I am very bad at keeping other people's characters, well, in character. I write a .. more..

Writing