Planet File #17865-E

Planet File #17865-E

A Story by E Chadwick
"

A file from the computer of a starship containing information on what sounds to be a nightmarish, hostile planet.

"

**FILE #17865-E**


**CLIMATE**


- Climate conditions on Planet #17865-E are known to vary drastically in different areas, with temperatures ranging from -180 T^ to 540 T^. Some regions are often covered in noxious gases that limit visibility and movement. Others have temperatures so high that those who tread there can begin having vivid hallucinations and delusions.

    As for weather, one of the most common occurrences on Planet #17865-E is strange substances falling to the surface from the lower atmosphere. These substances come in many forms, from chemical liquids to soft tufts resembling ash to dense balls of hardened crystal that are strong enough to dent most metals. On occasions, the appearance of these anomalies can be accompanied by gases that block out the light of the planet's single sun, immensely powerful waves of sound that are known to shake the ground, and strange objects slowly descending from above that can cause serious injury or termination when come into contact with.


**GEOGRAPHY**


- There is very little solid ground on Planet #17865-E, as most of the surface is concealed underneath a thick curtain of viscous liquid that contains multiple deadly chemicals. Contact with this substance is highly cautioned against. What little land there is however, is highly fascinating.

      Colder regions of the planet contain gargantuan towers of solid crystal, which can take years to climb. What few of these structures that exist in warmer areas contain liquids that cause immediate termination and liquidation of the body upon contact. Some warmer areas have entire landmasses blanketed in lush, emerald growths. In territories with the highest temperatures, the ground gives way to mounds of fine sediment that are impossible to tread on without sinking through. Underneath the planet's first few layers of crust, there are networks of crystallized tunnels that span throughout the entire planet.

         Although the liquid blanketing most of the planet is highly toxic, certain technologies have allowed us to see what lies underneath it. What we found was vast complexes of colorful stony structures, massive tubes exhuming black gases, and deep trenches containing only void.


**INHABITANTS**


The inhabitants of Planet #17865-E are  likely its most fascinating yet most terrifying factor. One thing is known for sure about this planet’s life: ALL LIFE FORMS ARE HOSTILE. Although there are thousands upon thousands of different organisms on this planet, we have managed to classify them into 7 groups.

    Group 1 contains beings which are covered in coarse filaments that are highly painful to the touch. Most of this group are predators, each with rows of razor sharp teeth.

   Group 2 is made up of mostly small life forms with slightly softer filament coatings. Their hind legs end in thick barbs which can rend the flesh from any life form at immense speed. In place of mouths, they have needle-like protrusions, and in place of front legs, they have wing-like appendages which they use to glide through the air.

   Group 3 contains beings which, instead of skin, have rough bumps covering the entirety of the body. They usually have sharp, needle-like teeth, and most have few legs, some having none.

   Group 4’s life forms have smooth skin which secretes a slimy, sometimes toxic substance. They are able to scale walls at incredible speed and leap vast distances.

     The last three groups are perhaps the most interesting. The organisms in Group 5 dwell beneath the surface of the liquid covering most of Planet #17865-E’s surface. They have similar skin to those in Group 3, but lack any appendages. Instead, these beings have short, stubby protrusions at the back end of their bodies which they use to propel themselves through the liquid. It is unknown, as of now, how these life forms are able to breathe, or even survive, within this liquid.

    All of Group 6’s life forms are incredibly small, yet highly dangerous. These beings have hardened shells instead of skin, as well as abundant legs and eyes. Some are able to burrow beneath the ground, while others are able to fly through the air. Some variants can emit high-pitched screeches which can damage the ears if exposed to these sounds for too long.

    The final group, Group 7, is by far the most interesting. This group is made up of bipedal, intelligent life forms. While their technology is not nearly as advanced as ours, they have still managed to travel to their planet’s one small moon. These creatures are, however, highly territorial, and will attack any other species that dares land on their planet. These life forms call themselves “Humans” and have named their planet “Earth”.

© 2017 E Chadwick


Author's Note

E Chadwick
This was something that just sort of popped into my head. IMPORTANT NOTE: if you think there is someone copying my work on Figment.com, that's ME. I have a profile on that website as well.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on July 29, 2017
Last Updated on July 29, 2017
Tags: sci-fi, aliens, planets, space

Author

E Chadwick
E Chadwick

LA



About
Hi! Welcome to my profile. I mostly write short stories, but I also write some poetry. All of my work is original, as I am very bad at keeping other people's characters, well, in character. I write a .. more..

Writing
Guardian Guardian

A Story by E Chadwick