1. eye's like honey, and the devils grin

1. eye's like honey, and the devils grin

A Chapter by hunter shaffer

Eye's like fire, and the devils grin.
As i walked into Danny's (A local sit-down restaurant) the smell of freshly cooked bacon flooded my nostrils. I loved coming here; Danny's was more of my home than my work. Although that was mainly because my best friends parents owned the place. Me and Alec had been friends since the first grade, and since i grew up without very good parental figures the Coopers really took me in as one of there own. 
"Logan," Mrs. Cooper called from behind the front counter, "is that you?"
"yes Mrs. C." I called back.
I walked into the kitchen where mr. cooper was already preparing food to satisfy the 8:30 lunch rush.
"Ready for another honest days work?" He asked with his thick country accent.
"As ready as i'll ever be." I laughed. 
"Logan, we just seated someone at table two." Mrs. Cooper yelled through the huge opening in the wall.
"Im on it." I said cheerily.
I stepped out from the double doors guarding the kitchen and rounded the corner to the side wing where table two sat. I looked at the girl who was sitting there, and stumbled over a chair that was pulled out from the table. she must have heard me fall because she laughed. Not in a mean way, it was a very sweet laugh that fit this beautiful girl perfectly.
"Hey, there," I said trying to regain my balance, "Welcome to Danny's, Can i start you off with something to drink?"
"Water, please." The words rolled off of her lips as she spoke.
"Yes ma'am," I spoke unsteadily, "i'll be right back with that."
I went into the kitchen to get the water, and then i gave it to this young woman. after I walked away i sat at a far off booth looking at her. She had a very light colored blonde hair that matched her clear complexion. Her eyes were a light blue, and her lips a glossy pink. She looked up and caught me staring at her. She began to laugh and then she motioned for me to come over to her. I sat across from her waiting for a lecture about staring at people, But she just sat there smiling at me.
"So, why were you staring at me?" She asked in a tone far from what i had expected.
"Umm.. It was just... that i thought you were, you know... really pretty." I said in a very embarrassed tone.
"Oh, really?" Her eye's looked happy, almost in a mischievous way.
"Yea," I said, "really."
She turned to her side and picked up her purse; Through it over her shoulder and proceeded to walk towards the door. She halfway opened the door and stopped then She turned back around and waved at me, And with that she was gone.
"Oh great, 


© 2012 hunter shaffer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on January 25, 2012
Last Updated on January 25, 2012


Author

hunter shaffer
hunter shaffer

owensboro, KY



Writing
The Orphan The Orphan

A Chapter by hunter shaffer