Corncobs

Corncobs

A Story by BlueShadow
"

A pig becomes rich in addition to finding happiness.

"

Corncobs

There once was a pig named Oink. He was a large pig who had brown skin and large, round ears and eyes and a button nose. He had a deep voice and smelled like mud. Oink had a telephone-wire tail and loved to paint drawings of his home, other pigs, and the river nearby. Oink loved his job as a painter, and didn’t understand how anyone could dislike painting. It was therapeutic to him. Painting was how he earned corn cobs, and also how he earned money. 

Oink lived in a fairly wealthy neighborhood, though he was the poorest of them all. Oink found himself to be very tired after a day’s worth of work, but it satisfied him to see his paintings. He didn’t make much money but he loved the feeling of the paint gliding across the paper like a plane flying in the air. Oink was happy with his job, but he needed more corn cobs for sustenance. 

Oink’s neighborhood in Pigville was rich, but Oink desired to be mayor so that he could paint and become rich at the same time. Who wouldn’t want to be wealthy and happy simultaneously? Oink decided that one day he would run for mayor and see if he could become mayor. 

The day finally came. Pigville needed a new mayor and it was going to be either Oink or Ms. Hoof. The election day finally came. Oink felt like it was about time that he could eat as many corn cobs as he wanted to. Ms. Hoof and Oink ran against each other in a mayoral race. It wouldn’t be until tomorrow that Oink would know the outcome of the election.

The results arrived and Oink learned he won the election by a landslide. Oink became mayor and decided to move into the Pink House and never be sad again. His income increased from a hundred to a thousand corn cobs a year. He never was hungry ever again. Oink was very happy, and very wealthy, and never decided to think about the past again. 

© 2021 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on December 2, 2019
Last Updated on May 20, 2021
Tags: pigs, funny, children

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing