The Fairy in the Jar

The Fairy in the Jar

A Story by BlueShadow

The Fairy in the Jar


One day, James and Alex were hiking in Northbrush Woods where there were tall pine trees, oak trees, and willow trees, and many insects and deer. The forest was extraordinarily beautiful with the trees shining green and the river flowing through having salmon and tune swimming about. Northbrush Woods was an extremely interesting place, with lots of beautiful leaves, flowers, and stones lounging about. James and Alex were two good friends who had known each other since high school. They were now about eighteen each and were exceptionally well read and versed in books and music. They both thought Northbrush Woods was an extraordinarily beautiful and interesting place to go to. Northbrush Woods so interesting and full of life, love, and liberty. It was an extraordinary beautiful place and had something very mysterious and intriguing about its nature. Northbrush Woods was so interesting to be in and had lots of cool stuff to see and things to explore. Northbrush Woods was a remarkable place full of life and vibrancy. It was extraordinarily large being about 25 sq. miles and had lots of interesting things to see.

James was rummaging through some willow leaves when he saw something that caught his interest. It was a fairy that was trapped inside a glass bottle with the lid on the bottle still on. The fairy was shaking the bottle by pounding her fists violently against the walls of the bottle and was extremely angry for some unknown reason. James looked at the fairy in the bottle and was stunned by the fairy’s beauty, smallness, and angry face. She looked really upset being trapped in the bottle and was ready to get out by smashing through the bottle’s glass walls and bursting through. However, James picked up the bottle and showed it to Alex and they both thought the fairy was theirs to keep. So, they got out of the forest and hiked and hiked and hiked until they reached Juniper Park, a park located in their town, Roxville. James and Alex were extraordinarily happy and were ready to see what they could do to the fairy. They were both enamored and stunned by the fairy being inside the bottle and them having the fairy trapped in the bottle furiously pounding her tiny clenched hands against the bottle. 

They looked at the fairy and examined her closer; two, large wings, a pink suit, and a white face with flaxen hair. They thought it was extremely cool to have a fairy trapped inside a tiny little bottle who was desperately trying to get out with all her might. Maybe she was from a city lost long ago and was trying to reach home so that she could be with her fairy friends. Whatever the reason was, James and Alex got the bottle and placed it inside their pocket. The fairy was extraordinarily angry and was ready to jump out and cast spells at James and Alex. 

They both got home and were stunned to see that the fairy wasn’t in the jar anymore. Where did she go? The fairy was gone and suddenly she was not in the bottle any longer. Alex and James felt a pang of disappointment in their stomachs and were so angry that both of them punched at the walls in anger. They were going to do bad things to the fairy but she was now gone. The fairy had escaped and made sure that she would never come back to their town again. James and Alex went into Northbrush Woods again and were stunned to see a crystal ball full of flashing numbers, and kept it for future use. Their adventures were just beginning.

© 2021 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on November 23, 2021
Last Updated on November 23, 2021

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing