The Beggar on the Subway Train

The Beggar on the Subway Train

A Story by BlueShadow

     Going to work, I head to the subway station and remind myself that my workplace doesn’t start until 8 am. I get into the train and am feeling very good since the subway starts and I feel like my life is starting today, too. I love the subway train and its appearance, motions, and technological marvel. The subway is so fun to ride with everyone on board feeling good about themselves. After riding, I head on out and go to work where I sit in my cubicle with my computer and do nothing but edit spreadsheets. The subway is in my mind again as my work ends. I get into the subway station and am stunned by someone. A beggar is holding out a pot for money and feeling sorry for him, I give him some coins worth about 2 dollars and he thanks me with his head. I feel good about myself and head on home feeling good about what I did that day. The beggar hopefully became more prosperous, happier, and economically better-off. 

© 2023 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on December 30, 2023
Last Updated on December 30, 2023

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing