I find, in my short life, that I am now alone.

I find, in my short life, that I am now alone.

A Poem by Rose
"

My feelings completely.

"

I'm sick of fighting,

I give up!

I've told the people that could help,

But I haven't gotten anywhere.


I'm sick of telling my story,

Of why I hurt,

And why I need you.


I begged and begged,

I tried to get better,

And yet I fell, 

Time after time.


And now I feel,

It is the end.

How can I go on, 

When no-one can help?


I've given my best,

I've done all I can,

I'm young,

And I've got a life ahead.


But what's the point of trying,

When I know that I will fail?

Some people live,

Some people die,

But who knows what will become of you and I?

© 2010 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
I wanted to put somewhere in here, that I want to kill myself, but I can't because of the pain it would cause my family and friends, but I couldn't find the right place to put it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Many writers find it cathartic to put their dark, negative thoughts and feelings down in words, but many do not achieve anything more than mere self-indulgence; the message over-runs the work, and the poetry suffers. It is quite an accomplishment therefore to achieve somewhat more than just that. This poem is art as well as feeling. The technique and power of the piece sets it above most similar works on a similar theme. As the wise man says, "It's not what you write but how you write it.."
The message here is conveyed with emotion and depth but still manages to retain a certain skill and creativity in the style of writing which makes it all the more powerful. Very good work, and the ending is sublime.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Many writers find it cathartic to put their dark, negative thoughts and feelings down in words, but many do not achieve anything more than mere self-indulgence; the message over-runs the work, and the poetry suffers. It is quite an accomplishment therefore to achieve somewhat more than just that. This poem is art as well as feeling. The technique and power of the piece sets it above most similar works on a similar theme. As the wise man says, "It's not what you write but how you write it.."
The message here is conveyed with emotion and depth but still manages to retain a certain skill and creativity in the style of writing which makes it all the more powerful. Very good work, and the ending is sublime.

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Its more common than you think for people to dwell on killing themselves, but you have sense in the facty that you know it would cause pain to those left behind! It is hard not to get down in life but there are always ways out, even when you think there isn't!
There is always light in darkness and others who have felt the same feelings.
This is beautiful poem love, hope it was cathartic :)
Hugs
xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


So you want to kill yourself? I've thought about it lots of times ... but it seems really not worth it. For then you will miss the future and who knows what it might bring ... something bad or something good, who knows, one thing for sure, it will be something new.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like your poetry. It reminds me a whole deal of what I used to write when I was about your age. Instead of turning in biology homework, I scribbled poems about death on the sides and kept it for myself. These were terrible years.

I hope you believe me when I tell you that it truly gets better. I'm nineteen now, and I have what I thought I never would. Don't end your life...just find that point in writing that gives you a little spice to your life. While you're waiting for life to look up.. write. Sometimes...that's really all you can do...is just write and write and write. And wait.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece is a window, where you have opened the shutters and let other gaze in momentarily on the world within. I couldn't help but feel a deep pain, for this piece flows with hurt and frustration. It's words craft the image of someone stuck between two worlds. One that should undertand but can't, and the other that is supposed to understand but wont. At first I felt that when you used the term "I" in reference to another...it was perhaps a parent. But I think that it may infact be another family member that is closer... I could be way off too! :)
In anycase. You have a wonderful handle on the written word. I hope that the ink you weave can grow to be the life line that will let you find the lighthouse on the other side of the turbulant waters.

Hugs!
Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2010
Last Updated on July 11, 2010

Author

Rose
Rose

London, United Kingdom



About
Hey :) I'm Rose the outpatient. Judge me all you like, I couldn't give a f**k :) Talk to me! Zoophagous.tumblr.com more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..