Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Anna

Her eyes flickered over the neatly writen letter. A chill was sent down her spine. She had a bad feeling about this.She ran her fingers through her silky black hair. Her violet eyes watched the words as if they would change and explain why they actually wanted her there. She tuned out all the sound around her, the honking of cars, the yelling of commuters, and the normal Chicago sounds. She sighed and set the paper on the glass coffee table. She noticed something blue poking out of the envelope, a plane ticket. All it said was 'Gate 7-Arabella Medici.' Then at that moment the world seemed to stop, and stare with her, wondering about this mysterious letter, and plane ticket. Not a sound, as if all time paused just for her. The silence disturbed her and she turned on the T.V. as she reached for a piece of a paper. She wrote:

 

She wanted to stay in his arms forever but he whisper,"We have to go." He gently loosened his grip on her waist and spun around. She took a deep breath and let him go. She took the time to look around. There was a single flickering ceiling light, and the walls had stains that showed signs of water leakage. Three doors sat on the wall and it appeared that this 'Felix' was debating which one to choose.

Arabella watched him and said barely audible,"Felix what are you doing?" He had taken out a wrinkled paper out of his pocket that was obviously used before the current moment, for random things like math and doodling. But besides that it had what looked like a map. It was

He looked up at her and replied,"Making a map of the maze." She looked at him and he stared back down at the map.

She was now completely confused."Maze? What are you talking about?" She tilted her head.

"What's your name?" he said completely off-topic.

"That's not what I asked, and it's Arabella by the way," her voice seemed to raise.

"Ummm," he took a book out of his coat pocket. It was small and leather,"There are six people who are being expiremented on. Each one has a diferent punishment or torture. One person is the protagonist but is treated the same as the others, it's so no one knows who it is." he said after reading the first page,"That was a summary of the expirement that one of the scientists wrote."

She looked at him and rolled her eyes. "So why are we in a maze?"

"Well, I'm trying to find everyone else before ummm. Well the protagonist gets to them." He silenced himself before he scared her even more.

"So you came and got me before the protagonist did? And then you drag me on this stupid journey?" she started yelling."What does that have to do with a freakin' maze?" He stepped back a little.

"I need your help and if you go on your own the protagonist will get you!" He debated back.

"I'm tired of your bull already. Ok you know what ju-" she was interupted by muffled screaming. Apparently he heard it also, he started moving about looking through each door trying to find the right path. The third one was the ticket. Aaron grabbed Arabella's arm and pulled her in with him. She struggled to break free but she couldn't. His grip was firm and tight. It seemed unbreakable. They darted through random doors.

"Can you here it? Did it get louder? Are we closer? Can you tell?" he looked about for something to signal that the screams were closer. His head darting about, still holding her close. She felt his grip loosen and took advantage of the golden opportunity. She darted back and stared at him. He stared back with a frantic expression on his face.

"What are you crazy? When normal people here screams they try to get away from them," she said as she grabbed his arm as he looked away from her peirceing violet eyes.

He looked back at her and turned her strength against her and pulled her through the doors."Well then I guess I'm not normal people," he said in a smart alecky tone. She tried to keep up but she kept stumbling over her feet. He was so distracting, did she like him? She didn't even know herself for she kept avoiding the topic. She barely knew him but he was so charming. She couldn't denie that. She sighed but he didn't seem to notice, to distracted by the damsel in distress. It was like he was the prince charming in a deformed Disney fairytale. Everyone knows that the girl never gets the prince so why was she even thinking about it? She didn't know and she didn't really want to.

"Arabella," he said as he slowed to a stop. She accidentally ran into him and wrapped her arms around him for support. That was probably the first time she had flirted with him., and he didn't even seem to notice. He still stood staring up.

She quickly let go and brushed herself off,"What?" She saw what he was staring at, and winced. "What the hell is that?"

He stepped back and tried to turn but couldn't bring himself to do it. He knew had to save her. She was crying and her screams were muffled by the rapidly rising water. She was choking on the water as they just stood there and watched."Oh my god," he whispered. He pulled out his little hand book and shuffled through the pages. Trying not to rip any of the ancient looking papers. He stopped and looked back up and compared it to the picture in his book. He took another step backward and once again tried to run, but this time he was restrained by Arabella.

"Well superman, this is your chance to show me that you can fly," she smiled at her own lame joke, and still kept her grip firm. Aparently he didn't find it very funny.

She opened her mouth to yell 'Who is it?' but couldn't she was afraid of what might happen. This was Chicago and lots of creepy stuff was happening to her lately. She went back to the black leather couch and sat down. She shuffled through her other mail, throwing all junk mail away. Another knock came at the door, this time larger than before. She peered at the door, but didn't move an inch. She opened her electric bill and sighed, at the realization of how much that was she turned of the TV. She rubbed her head and heard faint whispering beyond her solid wood door.

"Just open it," a woman said,"I'm sure she won't mind." At that Arabella could alomost see a smile upon a discreet woman's face.She ran over to the door and pressed her ear against it. Two people probably.

"But Miss!" it sounded like a henchman from a cheesey cartoon,"I d-don't know if I wanna be rude."

The woman pulled him close and whispered in a charming way,"Please? Pretty please?" she adjusted her body so that he would feel like he was holding her. She was bribing him with love.

He giggled and said,"Alright Miss. Just this once." Arabella stepped back and before she knew it she had her daughter gathered up in her arms. The little girl was half awake asking questions along the line of, "Mommy what's going on? Where are we going? What was that noise?"

Arabella was frantic and tried to answer the questions the best way she could but all she came up with was, "I don't know baby, I don't know." The girl rubbed her eyes and yawned.

"Oh," her small soft hands wrapped around Arabella's neck as her crimson red hair trailed them.

 

I'm sorry to inform you that I will not be attending your experiment. I'm far to busy to join you....

Her pen stopped moving and she rubbed her head. What the hell was going on? There was a knock at the door that echoed through her apartment. She got up, wondering who would come visit her at ten o'clock pm. The looked through the peep hole and saw nothing but black. Who ever it was they were covering the peep hole.

 



© 2008 Anna


Author's Note

Anna
The clip board messed it up so please excuse the stupidity of the form I'll get it back to normal soon.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on July 26, 2008
Last Updated on August 13, 2008


Author

Anna
Anna

Candy Land, CA



About
'Ello! I'm Anna and I'm 13 and damn well proud of it. I usually don't show any of my friends my writing because I can be kind of demented. I love to play the flute, I'm currently protecting first chai.. more..

Writing
Dreams Dreams

A Story by Anna


Mirrors Mirrors

A Story by Anna


Music Music

A Story by Anna