The Sparkling Dome of An Endless Universe

The Sparkling Dome of An Endless Universe

A Poem by icelandicblue

The carpet of evening slowly unrolls across the sky
as the stars bloom in bejeweled wonder.
How I long to pluck some of them and arrange
a bouquet that I would place at your feet

so that each step you took could be illuminated
by the the soothing beacon of the millennia,
revealing the twists and turns and the eyes of snakes.
But for now you will walk in the pale of the moon

and I will watch it as it hovers in the sky,
a lantern of hope even as it fades come morning.
We travel upon our paths alone but we share the moon
and with its help I am there in ghostly image.

And so my heart ventures beyond my own borders
through the forest of choices made, along the beach of dreams lost,
up mountains of unspeakable sorrow and into the valley of shadows-
while you carry my faraway face in your soul and know

that love walks with you even when it is no longer bound to this earth.
We will once again return to stardust and remember the light,
always believing that our trails will lead to the same place
where we can sigh contentedly in the sparkling dome of an endless universe.

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

...that love walks with you even when it is no longer bound to this earth.
We will once again return to stardust and remember the light...

This makes me think of the magnitude, the power, of those exceptionally rare kinds of loves-- the kind that the universe guides you to and wants you to remember... I love these images you have painted-- laying a bouquet of stars at thier feet, teaching them to walk in paths of moonlight and avoid the snakes... And that even if such a love may tragically die, it has become so much a part of you, that even if that loss reduces you to dust, no next step could ever be taken, without remembering that light, awaiting its return, forever...
A stellar piece Icelandicblue, that I want to walk through, again and again...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I am truly honored by such a beautiful and thorough review. I am beyond pleased that you liked the p.. read more



Reviews

This is so beautifully penned. very good

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
You are my favorite poet! This is so dream laden in thoughts of love and captures the feelings of heart and brings them to life off a cold white screen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you, you are too kind.
This poem was so good it inspired me to write a poem about you. I've never seen words so beautifully entwined in a sentence.. The picture you create is one of wonder and awe. I love the way you write. Such beauty and feeling attached to each line, I don't want to feel anything but this poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Wow Keegan, I am so sorry I did not see this until now. I am honored.
There are few poets who can conjure up such beautiful images present here. I think, however, that giving this poem a more upbeat meter can produce a completely spell-bounding effect. It's already great, but experimentation won't hurt, right? Thank you for this poetic treasure!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Gleb. You are the king of meter but I shall play with the words and see if I might make th.. read more
I wonder what being "stardust" will be like... ;)
I am sorry for you loss.
A lovely poem Blue.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I appreciate your kind thoughts David.
This is a heady love poem for sure. It has a wonderful feel of homage to the classics, yet it is clean and modern. A really nice piece.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much KL. I appreciate it.
Your words carry such a beautiful aura. It permeates both time and matter. It's almost as if your Muses lived on both heaven and earth. Let it be known, that we are just a vessel waiting for a day of restful submersion. Waiting....waiting to become one with the elements and a God that loves us so.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I thank you Muse for such thoughts on our journey and our destination.
This poem is so strongly spiritual. Soul mates never really part and the Universe just expands / changes form to accommodate them, create another haven for them. Love never dies. It just changes form or consciousness. A universal truth so beautifully told in this awesome poetry.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It is appreciated.
DIVYA

9 Years Ago

You are very welcome.
Ice, I am struck speechless. This is a truly unique, and beautiful, soulful write. A better eulogy I have not heard. Gorgeous imagery and sentiment. 100/100.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

You always say the nicest things. Thanks so much!
The universe is indeed endless, as is our ability to love and feel loved... you bring this alive in your poem Anne.
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on the poem. I thank you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1384 Views
29 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 7, 2014
Last Updated on June 8, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil