Shine So Softly

Shine So Softly

A Poem by icelandicblue

Here I sit in the archival hall of memories
looking through the gossamer of silken shadows
watching in wonder at images

colorized by time’s changeable winds.

 

The clock blurs pain’s sharp edges

and sharpens blissful moments.

Loss ebbs and flows with a scent or

a song that wraps itself snugly around the past.

 

Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation

shining softly in the backdrop, until the light

calls my name, and dreams of forgone times

form with tactile clarity as I grasp your hand again.

 

© 2014 icelandicblue


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation... ' oh it is, it is!

How true that time blurs the bad moments - or should. How true that scent or song nudges memories laid gently in the past. Have often truly wondered at the gift we humans have in being able to bring back not only the worst but the very best, and most precious seconds from our lives! Seems we're given yet another chance to balance emotions and select which we prefer to have remain within.

Your writing as always, is not only emotional but powerful in varying degrees plus, the language is refined and near traditional yet natural. Lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your musings on this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed them and also thank you for your kind.. read more



Reviews

There is always something to learn but the requsite is to be open to as long as there is willingness things will unfold themselves in way which suits. Memories are like living moments which have many functions but a handy one is when you are about to do something and you are reminded through time pictures the possible consequences. Warning signs may come up. That's the nature of time I guess a constant unfolding. And when we are given as if by grace the possibility to encounter something and learn we have shed some light onto something that was not available before.

Thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for such a beautiful and poetic review.
I pulled up a chair and am siting with you, In tears.. You got me :-)

"Until the light calls my name"

I don't know if those words were ever said before.
never heard it.
but I tell you now.. I will never forget them ...
Thank You for stopping by my place. I wouldn't of been so reminded to get back here now and find these.

I'm not gonna read anymore today of yours. Those two give me more then I can shew on right now.
Now my day is solemn as I digest ... wow


Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Cryingkate. I am happy that you found something unique among the words. It is good to see .. read more
love the wording of this..."archival memories become a hand held in the now"

time can pull us apart, time can bring us back together.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading jacob and for your kind words.
I like how this desperation finds the subject reaching out and grasping a loving hand in the last line...
Sometimes, this is all we need...
A silent tenderness pervades my thoughts as I read this poem Blue.
Well done. Well titled I think.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you David for your kind review. Your visits are always welcome.
Lovely word choices and phrasing draw the reader in and make this poem a pleasure to read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for stopping in and sharing your thoughts.
Wow, I'm usually not that good at reading deep poetry and fully comprehending it. This is absolutely amazing! So deep and profound yet so enjoyable to read. Really speaks to readers, awesome job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Amanda for your kind words. It is nice to meet you.
What a magical write, I was under your spell...while reading!

Simply loved it...

Posted 9 Years Ago


A. Amos

9 Years Ago

There are very few writers, whio know the art of speaking with people souls...you're blessed with th.. read more
icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

I am humbled by such a comment. Thank you.
A. Amos

9 Years Ago

You're most welcome my friend
'Life is such a delicate and intricate ornamentation... ' oh it is, it is!

How true that time blurs the bad moments - or should. How true that scent or song nudges memories laid gently in the past. Have often truly wondered at the gift we humans have in being able to bring back not only the worst but the very best, and most precious seconds from our lives! Seems we're given yet another chance to balance emotions and select which we prefer to have remain within.

Your writing as always, is not only emotional but powerful in varying degrees plus, the language is refined and near traditional yet natural. Lovely.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your musings on this piece. I thoroughly enjoyed them and also thank you for your kind.. read more
Ice, this one is sad and sentimental, yet as all of your creations, beautiful and soft as gossimer wings. Beautiful write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you Bright ocean star! You are always so kind to me.
the imagery and phrasing in this are divine and cast their own luminescence to the page.. I need to find that clock though.. I know that... I could use some edges dulled and memories sharpened... I do agree that it is "delicate and intricate"... this is so well written with wise and meaningful truths sprinkled throughout.. makes my soul smile and my heart hope.. well done!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


icelandicblue

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I think that clock works depending where you are in life but you have to let it t.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

572 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 1, 2014
Last Updated on October 1, 2014

Author

icelandicblue
icelandicblue

Boston



About
I do not accept any new friend requests unless we have read and commented on each others poetry. No exceptions. I have enough homework as it is. I expect reciprocity in our exchanges. Read my work and.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..