Keep your iPhone Up to date

Keep your iPhone Up to date

A Story by I FIX SCREEN
"

Keeping your iPhone up-to-date with the latest operating system maximizes your device's capabilities. When you get a top Apple device, you want to keep it in excessive form for as long as possible.

"

Keep your iPhone Up to date

Keeping your iPhone up-to-date with the latest operating system maximizes your device's capabilities. When you get a top Apple device, you want to keep it in excessive form for as long as possible. A few simple phone care tips can go a long way in making sure that your iPhone stays together for the long haul. 

Also keeping your iPhone in good condition will ensure that you get the best resale value when it’s time to upgrade. It will also help increase the life of your device and improve its performance.

Well, you can follow our tips in order to maximize your iPhone security.

Clean out Your iPhone:

As iPhones become more powerful, the processors are able to handle much larger and more complicated applications. Unfortunately, this means that apps that might have been small in size are now much larger. Free up storage and remove old apps and photos. 

One of the biggest disadvantages to having a high-resolution camera built into your phone is that the physical file size of all those photos that it takes can start to weigh down the device. The iOS system software has to keep track of all those photos and videos, so take a few moments to delete your duplicates. 

Set old text messages clearing out automatically after 30 days. You can do this in the settings menu that the standard SMS text provides. 

How to free up storage?

Do this by going to Settings > General and selecting iPhone Storage. Your iPhone will show you the largest apps, and you can delete the ones you no longer use. If you ignored step one and already installed iOS 11, select the option to automatically uninstall apps you don’t use.


Clean charging port

There are three methods to clean the charging port:

a. Use compressed air

b. Take your chances with a toothpick

c. Just take it into a professional

Get a Case: 

A protective case will ensure that any accidental drops are absorbed by the case and not by the device itself. When choosing a case, you’ll find thousands of options. First, look for a case whose appearance appeals to you a lot or throw it around, a case with more protection would be a better choice. People who convey their iPhones in a purse, handbag, or backpack should look for a case that offers protection on all sides. For people who keep their phones in a pocket, a bumper or skin will do.

Clear Background App Refresh:

If you frequently open a ton of apps and don’t close them again, they might still be working even if you’re not using them. While you could close them individually, it’s better to simply disable Background App Refresh, which you can find in general settings. This will make it so only the app you’re using can refresh its content. However, it can be helpful to have some apps working in the background, like Google Maps or Spotify�"you don’t necessarily want your music or directions to pause while you switch to a different app. Disabling app refresh may not make a vast difference, but for an old phone, it’s worth a try.

Protect That Screen:

Screen damage reduces the value of your phone more than anything else, so protecting your screen is always a wise investment. When it comes to protecting your screen, there are two good options. 

Here are the tips to prevent your iPhone screen from getting scratched

1. Complete body shield, which protects all sides of the phone, including the screen. 

2. Combine a front-only screen protector with the case of your choice. These types of screen protectors can usually be purchased for under $5 on eBay or Amazon.

We recommend changing the screen protector every two to three months when you clean your device.

Disable location services for apps that don’t need GPS:

While you could geotag your tweets, disabling the GPS access for most apps can help your phone’s battery life and speed. 

GPS is useful for maps, weather apps, and location-based apps like Yelp, but you probably don’t need Drop box to know where you are.

How to disable location service in iPhone?

In your phone’s Location Services menu in the privacy settings, you can select which apps get to use GPS and how often. 

Professional iPhone Repair Options:


If there is something that you cannot repair yourself then visit iPhone repair shop. Apple phone screen repair is an extremely difficult process and you might even cause an electrical fault that can't be fixed. That's why there are always iPhone care specialists who will keep your iPhone up to date.

Contact us:

(855) 462-4349

Hours Of Operation: Monday �" Saturday: 10:00am �" 8:00pm Sunday: 11:00pm �" 6:00pm

Send Mail-In Repairs to 203 Centereach Mall Centereach, NY 11720

Please include contact information when mailing a repair!

© 2019 I FIX SCREEN


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

816 Views
Added on April 30, 2019
Last Updated on April 30, 2019
Tags: iPhone battery replacement, iPhone screen repair, iPhone