Golden Gates

Golden Gates

A Poem by iiqquay
"

This poem tells the story of a couple who endure the hardships of love, emphasizing the power of their bond.

"

She was green. He was blue.

She was sun. He was rain.

Her heart was mended by his healing drop.

His mind was stitched with her gleaming light.


She was marigold. He was echinops rito. 

She was the beach. He was the forest.

She hid her deepest secrets buried in the shimmering sand and the alluring seashells.

He tucked his troubles in a tree bark’s crevices and between flourishing daffodils.


Many wish for their love, but they do not know what they are wishing for.

They do not see the lows they endure. 

They do not see the secret scars they develop behind their family’s front door.


They do not see the pain of choosing between image and love.

They do not see the agony of breaking another's heart because it is like a curse from above.


They do not see the tragic tornado of emotions swirling in each and every mind.

They do not see the way the body crumples and shatters when feelings are spilled like blood during a crime.


Although it is hard, although it is tough,

Although it is tragic, although it is rough,

Affection still arises like steam spewing from a kettle.

Devotion still survives like a gallant warrior brandishing his sword made of metal.


He and she traverse tsunamis of anger that strengthen and swole.

He and she venture into the deep caverns of each other’s heart, mind, body, and soul.

He and she persist through the hurricanes of their pained and coping tears.

He and she defeat the giants of childhood trauma and adults drunken with beers.


Finally, he and she arrive at the Golden Gates where they receive the fantasized pen.

He and she, together, rewrite their destiny on the aged parchment right there and then.


They say no one’s love is powerful enough to rewrite the stars.

To that, he and she say “No one’s love but ours.”


Love is better than you can put on paper.

Love is so intricate that it cannot be expressed in one simple nature.

However, there is an end to this love story as there is an end to this poem scrawled by her on damp, tear-soaked paper.

© 2024 iiqquay


Author's Note

iiqquay
how do you feel after reading this poem and do you relate in any way? what is your favorite aspect about this piece?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on January 21, 2024
Last Updated on January 21, 2024
Tags: #sad, #relatable, #fake, #sorrow, #loss, #emotions, #struggles, #cry, #3am, #love, #unrequited, #death, #depression