Flour at the Front Door

Flour at the Front Door

A Story by iiqquay
"

can I borrow some flour?

"

Jane Barlowe sat on the too-soft couch of her new house as she watched her favorite thriller TV show's new installments. Jane shoved microwave popcorn into her mouth and propped her legs on the ottoman. The main character was about to discover the hostages in the basement, and Jane had all her attention on the screen. Unexpectedly, she heard a knock at the door. Jane paused her show with a frustrated grunt and strolled to the front door. From the peephole, she could see the new neighbor's daughter, Penny. Penny wore a striped t-shirt and baggy jeans. Her hair was as messy as a bird's nest. Jane unlatched the door to face the girl and asked her why she was at her front door. 

Penny said, "I don't have any flour left for baking cookies. I came over here to ask you for some." 

Even though Jane thought it was strange to be baking cookies at this time of night, she went to the kitchen to get the flour anyway. When Jane returned to the front door, Penny was nowhere to be seen. Jane leaned out the door frame for a better look at the dark porch but, she couldn't see anything. Defeated, Jane thought that this was probably a joke. Suddenly, she felt a pair of cold hands grip her neck and felt the warm breath of Penny on her neck. Jane clawed at Penny's hands, but all the air from her lungs was gone, and she fell to the floor.

© 2024 iiqquay


Author's Note

iiqquay
what is your favorite aspect about this piece?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
1 Review
Added on January 21, 2024
Last Updated on January 21, 2024
Tags: #horror, #childhood, #nightmare, #figure, #dark, #death, #loss, #girl, #deceit

Author

iiqquay
iiqquay

Writing
Alleyway Rain Alleyway Rain

A Story by iiqquay


The Figure The Figure

A Story by iiqquay