Let Me Down...

Let Me Down...

A Story by Gemma :)
"

When he realises he loves her, is it too late? Or can he get her back? Please R&R!

"

Being lonely hasn’t always been a problem for me, I fit in almost anywhere. I have a lot of friends, none of them are close friends but I do trust them.

I spend most of  my time with my family. I cherish my family, they won’t be here forever. I bake with my Nan, run the general store part-time with my Pop, shop with my Mum and have sleep over’s with my adorable 10yr old cousin, Alice.

Sadly my father passed away 3yrs ago in a car accident. He left us with all he owned, luckily the house was payed off and he had saved up a lot of money before hand.

I’m 17yrs old and my appearance is well, I can’t complain. I have big/bright green eyes, tangled/curly/blonde hair that only just reaches my mid-back. I’ve tried to get a tan but it’s no use, my fair skin is here to stay. I mostly wear short-shorts with random shirts. I only ever wear skirts or dresses on special occasions.

My cousins 11th birthday is in just over 2weeks and I’ve been channelling the shops but I have had no luck finding anything she would be interested in. She is a girly girl but hates dolls, talk about confusing. Maybe she can come shopping with me, yeah that sounds great, good going me!

I exit the shop ‘Gurlstuff’ and head for my favourite milkshake store to get a drink for the drive home.

“Welcome to Milkshake Shack, what would you like?” a woman with bright, pink hair greeted me.

“Can I please have a Strawberry milkshake with an orange cutting?” I ask politely.

“Sure, won’t be a sec” she smiles.

I turn around and surely enough, the drink is already done. I gladly take it and pay. Before I leave, I make sure to tip the tip jar $15. I always do that when the people who serve you are friendly.

I exit the mall the shopping mall and look for my ‘baby’. ‘Baby’ meaning car, it’s little and slick but I tell you it wasn’t cheap.

“There she is” I spot my ‘baby’ and unlock it, trying not to spill my milkshake whilst jumping in the front seat.

I start her up and drive out of the car park, met with a busy road.

I hook my IPhone 4s to the stereo in the car and turn up my favourite song full blast.

I sing along to 'Carry You' by Union J.

I wind the windows down and let the breeze flow through my car.

“This is the life” I sigh happily, taking a sip of my milkshake.

© 2013 Gemma :)


Author's Note

Gemma :)
Grammar is not that good, any feedback would be much appreciated, constructive criticism is welcome, thanks for taking your time to read my story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting story filled with sad memories yet hopeful and happy in the present. Nice writing.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Gemma :)

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, I appreciate that!
Relic's Bare Trees

10 Years Ago

No problem.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 9, 2013
Last Updated on July 9, 2013

Author

Gemma :)
Gemma :)

Australia



About
Five things about me: 1) I'm 13yrs old :) 2) I'm a very happy person (always laughing and smiling). 3) I'm very friendly (always see the good in people). 4) My friends say that I'm smart since I'm.. more..

Writing