Reflections Over the Lake

Reflections Over the Lake

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Memories of a someone that is passed on!

"


Every ripple of the water echoed his laughter as she recalls the warmth of the sun, where he wrapped her in his embrace. He never allowed a day to pass without romantically entwined within her grace. Desires reflected off the lake and two set of hearts began to beat together. Kisses of passion danced upon lips and silence filled the air. It is at that moment they both felt their destiny within each other, whispering their love to one another. Their affection often became woven into every breath they took, and the passion they shared painted a smile upon their faces. But now she comes to the lake alone to remember the time spent with him. An ache in her soul leads to tears, but then when she hears the laughter of the water and feels the warmth of the sun on her back, she can’t help but smile from the love she carries in her heart.
  

© 2022 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Hope you like!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A powerful introduction to a great story. Sad but true. You write flawlessly and with great focus.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

You are welcome.
"An ache in her soul leads to tears, but then when she hears the laughter of the water and feels the warmth of the sun on her back, she can’t help but smile from the love she carries in her heart."

Posted 2 Years Ago


Such a wonderful and lovely write

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!

This post is really quite beautiful & a credit to that funny little thing we call love .. My only little issue is the highlighting or coloured backdrop which I found made it difficult for these tired eyes to see beyond and read properly .. But hey, that's my problem, not yours .......... Nevertheless much enjoyed .. Neville :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Neville!
Cardinals feeding in winter... Thirty years gone and her memory still flies on crimson wings. Beautifully evocative.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Simply stunning. I can feel your passion... your love.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Such a wonderful write here, so beautiful

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Poectily beautiful!
Every ripple of the water echoed his laughter as she recalls the warmth of the sun, where he wrapped her in his embrace. He never allowed a day to pass without romantically entwined within her grace. Desires reflected off the lake and two set of hearts began to beat together.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
KAREN

2 Years Ago

You're welcome!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 17, 2022
Last Updated on February 22, 2022
Tags: memories, love, lake, warmth

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Replay Replay

A Poem by Chris Shaw