Emotional Scars Bleed in Desperation

Emotional Scars Bleed in Desperation

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

A Person lost in her turmoil!

"

   Shards of anguish scatter within a broken spirit
    where amber pain being a guiding light to shatter dreams.
     Chattering emotions blow like glass in howling wind,
     turbulence caused, behind eyes that no longer see.
     
     Anger burns stain of tears that does nothing to cool the pain.
     Countless minutes enfold into hours of frustration.
     Silence lashes out, and hope answers, but nothing makes sense.
     Fragile intervals lose their way.  Escape insanity.
     
     Skeletons regret a heart that beats but is dead inside.
     Bitterness falls like dust~ breathing strangles a failure
     Hallow spaces grasp for bones, something solid to cling to,
      but empty hands only find a web, and a frightened face.

     Darkness shadows any light, and walls lock a mind in fear.
     Memory starts to fade into particles of lost hope.
     Emotional scars bleed in desperation~ plead for control.
     But reality has vanished, and anguish souls are lost.
      
     
 
     
     
     
 

     
     
     

© 2022 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Tell me what you think!
Thank you, William Miachel Reeves (Bill), for your help in revising my poem!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yowza! Deep, dark, lines that cancel themselves. I like that stuff. I was about to message you anyway and thought I would read something first. This poem captured me! I'll tell you what I think in that...

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Bill!
William Michael Reeves

2 Years Ago

I like what you did with it! Kept your flavor. Tastes like smooooooth anguish!
KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thanks for your help!
This is an excellent dark poem, so full of emotions, I had to read it several times to really grasp the pain. It seems like this person is in an abyss and cannot reach the light... "Bitterness falls like dust" and the path to insanity is blocked. This is a strong piece with acrid feelings so dark, I don't see a way out.... when the souls is lost, it obliterates all that one is in life. Very strong words with horrifying feelings that make one think how does one escape this. Well done, nice writing.
Best, Betty

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
This is some good dark poetry. I like dark, we all have it in us and no better way to understand it than to put it on paper and really look at it, it’s great introspective understanding and that leads to healing. So in that context it’s positive, no? Loved the last stanza!

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you, Patricia! I had actually started on this poem to be tranquility, but it took a turn, and .. read more
Patricia

2 Years Ago

LOL yes, funny how that happens! It happens to me all the time! I start a love poem and it comes out.. read more
A soul in turmoil here with hope fast fading. A powerful and descriptive write. Not a place you'd want to stay too long. That's when you need good friends to help raise you from the pit of despair. Great writing Kathy.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Very strong use of words and the thoughts. The description made the reader feel and understand the thoughts dear Kathy. Thanak you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
Wow! This was painful to read and digest. So many hard-hitting lines.
I hope all is well with you and I hope you can still find some hope to carry on.

Posted 2 Years Ago


KATHY SUE SILLS

2 Years Ago

Thank you for the review and concern! This is totally fiction, not about me!
Sami Khalil

2 Years Ago

Ah, ok. You are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 27, 2022
Last Updated on April 2, 2022
Tags: Emotions, Anger, GriefFear, Sadness, Bitterness, Shame

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Amused Amused

A Poem by Chris Shaw