Labor Pains

Labor Pains

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

A mother raising her kids!

"

 

When women have their babies

labor pains they must go through,

they have to breathe in and breathe out!

 

Once their babies are born their

is sweet relief, but little did they

know their labor pains has just begun

mother's have to breathe in and breathe out!

 

Mother's nurture and care for their children

hoping they will go walk the right path to adulthood,

but sometimes they go astray

mother's have to breathe in and breathe out!

 

Once their children leave the nest

mother's pray that their children will try

to do their best in life, but mistakes are made

mother's have to breathe in and breathe out!

 

When their children marry mother's cry

with happiness, and when their children start

to have babies of their own

mother's breathe in and breathe out!

 

Each mother sighs with relief,

knowing that their labor pains is lessened,

but little does their children know

that their labor pains is just begun

now they must learn to breathe in and breathe out! 

 

 

© 2010 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
I work with children, but do not have any of my own! This is just what I think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A couple of years ago, my daughter was well on her way to getting her Masters in Sociology expecting to become a professor. Then by chance, she got pregnant and a year and a half ago gave birth to my grandson and now my best friend. She had come across a Doula (Birthing partner) and had a relatively natural birth at Yale New Haven Hospital. Jenny is now in Nursing school on her way to becoming a Midwife. I doubt that she will ever remember her labor pains as much as the joy.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with you. Woman bring the babies into the world. Then the child become their life. I have four children and I worry for them also. I like the line. "A mother love is forever." A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh yeah! loved it. No Truer statement could you have written. Children should come with a warning label

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW this is so true & I am living it right now.. one child is going astray at 15, through the ditch, across the field, over the mountain, around the bend & through the valley. Hopefully it will lead back to where she started. I will be here waiting!.. Lord help me.. I breathe in & out everyday! Awesome write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great way to describe what mothers go through their entire lives. Life is complicated and we always want the best for our children so when something happens it is like labor pains but it hurts the heart instead.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ron
Yes good work by Imagination101! Probably her best work yet! Keep it up!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you hit the nail on the head. My mother was with me through my whole labor with my 1st and I do believe she was breathing in and out with me for every contraction and still continues to breathe with all of her children. As a mother I thank you for this sweet poem :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great poem. This is all very true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I my have no experience in that field but I will say this we as men should always honor women for all the pain they endure in life for life, and one we must never forget without them were nothing. Great job in putting this together.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, this makes a lot of sense to me. Breathing in and out is all they can do sometimes.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

933 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2010
Last Updated on November 30, 2010
Tags: Mothers, children, labor pains, growing up

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..